Chocolate Chip Cookie Pots


Are you beginning to see a trend here?


A lot of posts about chocolate?

A lot of posts about cookies?


A lot of posts about chocolate chip cookies?


I love them. I know it. You know it. We all know it.

They are the only thing I really truly crave (hence this). So when I’m baking for me, they are what I make.


A friend of mine recently sent me this link for a skillet (frying pan) chocolate chip cookie and I just had to make it.

Just had to.


The big one went to my friend. The little ones were all mine!


CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
POTS
Adapted from Sophistimom.

110g unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks

Preheat your oven to 180 C and get out the ramekins or dishes you would like to bake your cookies in (big or small, it doesn’t matter).

Put the butter in a medium saucepan and melt over a medium heat. Once melted, add the brown sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon, until the butter is completely incorporated. Crack in the egg and mix well.

Gently mix in the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed.

Spoon the dough into your pots, place on a baking tray and bake 8-10 minutes for small ramekins and 12-15 minutes for larger dishes.


Eat this all up with a spoon while its still warm and oozing chocolate.

Leave me a comment:

    • I’m not sure, about 20cm I think. It doesn’t really matter – just think about how thick you want your cookie and find a pan that will get it there.

  1. Pingback: >Rustic Apple and Custard Tarts | Butter

  2. Pingback: >New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies (Revisited) | Butter

  3. I made these pots, but in paper cups (used for cupcakes) and used dark sugar and they tasted horrible. I was just wondering why this is? I have used some of your other recipes and they are yummy, but this didn’t work out. They tasted burnt and horrible and totally didn’t reach the desired taste. I had to throw them away! Do have any suggestions why this could be? (I suspect the sugar).