Cookies and Cream Cookies

I’m in Poland, its early morning and its -1 C outside. Way too cold for me! So I’ll be staying inside today. Maybe I’ll even bake something. But for now, I made you some yummy cookies.

These cookies taste like cookies and cream.

I’m not joking.

Do you like cookies and cream ice cream? Do you like crushed up Oreo biscuits in smooth vanilla ice cream? Do you?

I do.

And these cookies taste just like that. Like cookies and cream. And they smell like heaven.

They are inspired by these, which were some of the best cookies ever.

My family fought over them. But I found myself trying to eat around the chocolate chunks while looking for more Oreo pieces, so I decided to make them again and omit the chocolate.

And there you have it people. Plain, under-baked vanilla cookies. Big chunks of Oreos and Oreo filling.

Cookies and cream heaven.

COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES
Adapted from Bakergirl.

I like quite a bit of salt in my cookies, for flavour and that sweet/salty balance. But if you don’t feel free to reduce the salt down to 1 tsp.

220g unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
15 Oreos with vanilla creme, roughly chopped into 4 – 6 pieces
15 Oreos with chocolate creme, roughly chopped into 4-6 pieces

Preheat the oven to 180 C and line baking trays with parchment paper.

Beat the butter and sugars together using an electric mixer until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.

Mix in the flour, salt and baking soda on a low speed until combined. Add the Oreo pieces and mix until just combined (this dough, raw, also tastes like cookies and cream).

Now. These cookies are even more amazingly good if you are patient, cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before baking. It gives the Oreos and cookie dough a chance to marinate together and make heaven. But if you simply cannot wait…

Scoop tablespoons of dough onto baking trays and bake for 9-10 minutes. Makes 36 cookies.

36 Thoughts on “Cookies and Cream Cookies

1. Your Oreo Chocolate Chunk Cookies were AMAZING, so I’m sure these will be as well!

2. angela burtnett on December 1, 2011 at 12:55 am said:

I am making these today for my kids after school!!! They look amazing!!!

3. Charlotte on December 7, 2011 at 2:06 am said:

cookies and cream was always my biggest weakness, so i’ll definately be baking these over the christmas holidays!

4. I might try to make them soon – but do you think it would change much if I didn’t use brown sugar since I don’t have any? Would substituting that with more white sugar screw up the recipe?

• Hey Viv, substituting the brown sugar for white would definitely change the cookie and mess with the recipe, they wouldn’t be the same. Brown sugar adds a caramelized flavour and makes for a chewy cookie, while using only white sugar will probably result in a crunchy, maybe even slightly grainy cookie.

• I was wondering after I hit the ‘post comment’ if it’d affect the chewiness of the cookies so thank you for answering so quickly Natasha. Already told my little sister this morning that there would be a chance that she’d have to buy a pack of brown sugar on her way home in the evening… I just called her earlier to confirm it! XD

5. Okay I’m in love with your blog. These look like heaven!!! I know my husband would agree. I will have to make them as a surprise for him :)

6. Pingback: >Double Chocolate Chip Oreo Crumb Cookies | Butter

7. Pingback: >Tim Tam Chunk Cookies | Butter

8. JanQus on March 6, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

Hi, I was wondering if I could reduce the sugar? I don’t like cookies that are too sweet and roughly by how much should I reduce the sugar?

• Hi! These cookies aren’t too sweet from what i remember, particularly because they don’t have a sweet mix in like chocolate; its just the oreos.
      If I were you, I’d cut the brown sugar down to 3/4 cup, and the white sugar down to 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Then you’re pretty much almost down to 1 cup. :-) Let me know how they turn out!

• JanQus on March 7, 2012 at 1:36 am said:

Thank you. I should give it a try.

• Hi Natasha,

I’ve tried baking the cookies with slight reduction in the sugar but they turned out salty or is it my tastebud? I threw away the whole batch. I’ve seen recipes with 1 tsp of salt. Are your cookies meant to be salty? I’m sorry I’m very new at baking…

• Hi Jan!
          The cookies do have a bit of a salted aspect, but it should be a balance of salty and sweet. You can always reduce and adapt that to your taste, particularly if you have already reduced the sugar. If you want to bake them again, reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp. Sorry should have mentioned it earlier!

• JanQus on March 9, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

Oh ok. Thanks, I’ll give it a try again… The cookies look too good to give it a miss.

• Hi Natasha,

I’ve got it right this time. I reduced the salt to 3/4 tsp, all the other ingredients remained the same, and the cookies tasted wonderful. Thank you.

9. Pingback: Memorial Day Weekend « sweetdees123

10. Hi, these sound fantastic! I am addicted to your blog! I will be baking these today for a pool party, I was just wondering if I use all Oreos with white creme, would it change the taste in anyway?

11. Pingback: >Mars Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups | Butter

12. Kaitlyn on January 13, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

Hi Natasha,
    I just stumbled across your blog looking for some weekend baking ideas and i think i just found my new go-to. Your recipes are amazing! I am super interested as to why you mention they are ‘under-baked’…i tend to do this with most of my cookies as i LOOOOOOOVE chewy cookies more than i love my bed…lol…is this your reason as well? or is there a “method to your madness” you are willing to share?? :) my love for baking is more than most can handle so i’m so glad to have found your site. Thank you!! :)

• Hi Kaitlyn!
      Thanks so much for all the kind words :-)
      I underbake my cookies because I love them doughy and yes, chewy.
      You’re welcome! Enjoy the site and the recipes :-)

13. Claudia on August 29, 2014 at 9:00 pm said:

Hi Natasha,
    Just wondering if the cookie result would be the same if i halved the recipe?
    PS. loooooove all your baking!!