Easy Nutella Brownie Cups

So I have found new love.

These delicious, gooey, chocolate-y, Nutella brownie cups. They have only 3 main ingredients. THREE!!!

Nutella, eggs and flour. That’s it. Those three ingredients, together, make Nutella and brownie heaven.

This recipe has become my new go-to, late-night, chocolate, gooey, baked good craving fixer.

They take absolutely no time to make and the fact that such minimal effort and ingredients can result in such deliciousness blows my mind.

These are chewy, and they stay chewy the next day (I’m not sure how they are after that though, because these were all gone within 24 hours). They have a gooey brownie center. They taste like Nutella. And chocolate. And they have a cracked brownie top. And they are EASY.

Oh, yum.

I have to go and make some more. Now.

EASY NUTELLA BROWNIE CUPS
Adapted from Honey What’s Cooking?, original recipe by Abby Dodge.

1 cup Nutella (280g, 10 oz)
2 eggs
10 tbsp plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake liners.

In a medium bowl, mix together the Nutella, eggs, flour and salt until combined.

Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin holes. If using, sprinkle each brownie cup with a few chocolate chips.

Bake for 12 minutes. Makes 12 Nutella brownie cups.

135 Thoughts on “Easy Nutella Brownie Cups

1. Mind. Just. Blown. Thanks for sharing!

2. I’ve made these before and yes, they are amazing!

3. aaliamb on January 26, 2012 at 6:26 am said:

these look fantastic!

4. Wow these look great and easy!!

5. Ashley on January 26, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

Do you think peanut butter instead of Nutella would work? Nothing against Nutella I just don’t have any on hand and I want those right now. :)

• Haha! You know what, I’m not sure – I think Nutella is a little runnier than peanut butter. Why not try them but reduce the flour by a tablespoon or two. Let me know how they turn out!!

6. I make these all the time, they are a huge hit and at only 3 ingredients cheap and fast.

7. I have all the ingredients for these in my house right now and would love to make it…but no cupcake liners. Will they work in a buttered or oil-sprayed non-stick cupcake pan?

8. I am a Nutella addict! This is too easy…three ingredients?? These look amazing. Thanks for the cool recipe!

9. Hi, THanks so much for linking to me. These look wonderful, I noticed you switched it up a bit, it’s always fun to try new ideas. :-)

• Hey, you’re welcome! Thanks for the great recipe, it’s a new favourite and I’ve been making it all the time! I didn’t like the idea of cinnamon in it though, they turned out great with just a little salt!

• Hi Natasha – Yeah, i didn’t like the idea of cinnamon either, so I replaced it with vanilla extract. you won’t believe this… my name was suppose to be Natasha, and on the way to sign my name, my dad forgot and named me something else with an “N”. Natasha sounds so much hotter. :-)

10. Omigosh fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing this! :)

11. how big is a ” cup”?
    like.. the cup i might use to make porridge? (a little traditional teacup), or a mug that i might have hot chocolate in..?

oh, also: try hot chocolate with a little bit of nutella stirred in – it makes it so much chocolatier.

• A “cup” is a form of baking measurement, but it holds 250ml of liquid. That is the standard size of most mugs and glasses. So a glass, or standard mug of Nutella would be fine here. Also, 1 cup of Nutella weighs 280 grams, or 10 ounces, if that helps.
      And thanks for the tip! I will definitely try it next time I make hot chocolate!

12. I made the nutella cupcake brownie and here are my thoughts:

1. HOLY mother of chocolate, they were incredible tasting AND incredibly easy to make. I swear I felt like a little 6 year old again basking in the warmth of Italy as I took my first bite. Simple delicious outcome. I’m letting them cool town in a plate right now for my Super Bowl party, my family is going to love it.

2. I cut the recipe in half. I only have one cupcake tin, and I wanted to see what it would taste like but it worked out great! I would love to try these with Italian Nutella someday. Here’s something, I actually used King Arthur Whole Wheat flour and found that they taste so authentic to my own taste.

3. Took about 14 minutes for mine to cook, recipe was easy enough to stir in the measuring cup believe it or not cause I cut the recipe in half. I double lined the bottom of my cupcake tin with two cupcake molds and the brownies still had a lot of oil on the bottom. I’m not complaining though!

Thank you so much for this awesome recipe, can’t wait to see what it taste like tomorrow!

• Hey James!
      I’m happy to hear you like them!
      They are very chocolatey and rich! I have made them about 10 times since this post, with different variations, so stay tuned!
      I usually bake mine only 10 minutes, but I like REALLY underbaked centers :-)
      As for you cutting the recipe in half, that’s funny because the original recipe was only half, but I decided it didn’t make enough nutella goodness so I doubled it!
      Oh, and they are great the next day. And the next day and the next.
      I hope your family like them and that you enjoy your superbowl party!

13. Tristan on February 6, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

baking these in the oven right now and can’t wait to taste them! for future, do you think this recipe would work if you put it in a square pan and baked as brownies instead of in the cupcake trays?

• Hey Tristan, how do you like them? I’m not sure it would work, I think I read that the trick with these is that they are baked small. You could always give it a try and let me know how you go, but you might end up with way overcooked edges and a raw center!

14. Getting ready to make a batch now….the tip of weight on the cup is pure genius(not that I’d ever mind licking the nutella of my fingers after spooning into my measuring cup!)~thanks so much for posting. I found you thru Pinterest~I’m so happy to find others who get giddy at the mere thought of Nutella and are crafty and generous to give me other way to enjoy it

• Hey Beth, I’m glad to hear you like them and are making them :-)
      The weight measurement helps me not dirty an extra measuring cup!
      I’ve made a whole lot of variations on these ill be posting soon, so stay tuned!

15. Pingback: >Little Malt Ball Nutella Brownies | Butter

16. Pingback: 3 Ingredient EASY Nutella Brownie Bites

17. Pingback: >Oreo and Nutella Brownie Bites | Butter

18. Pingback: Five things Friday | LunaChick Runs

19. Hi! I was wondering…how many minutes would you suggest for cooking time if I used mini-muffin trays? :)

• Hi Patty! I’d start with 4-5 minutes and see how you go from there; you want the edges to be set and the center slightly underdone. But you won’t get the deliciously gooey middle with mini ones (and you don’t want to miss out on all that goodness!), so I would stick with the larger ones if you can :-)

20. Catn wait to make these!! Only have a mini muffin tray so hoping they work out. Also thinking of sprinkling them with choc chips and toasted hazelnuts.
    So excited :)

21. Pingback: >Cookie Dough Filled Nutella Brownie Cups | Butter

22. I totally love the idea of this recipe!
    I was just wondering, are these just the standard size cupcake cups, or are they mini? I can’t tell by the picture.
    Thanks for sharing

23. Pingback: >Little Oreo, Chocolate Chip Cookie and Nutella Brownies | Butter

24. Pingback: Sweet | Pearltrees

25. Pingback: >Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookie Nutella Brownies | Butter

26. Pingback: Warning- May Contain Nuts « Cashmere & Camo

27. Pingback: >Pecan Brownies | Butter

28. Pingback: >Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brownies | Butter

29. Pingback: >Ferrero Rocher Nutella Brownies | Butter

30. Pingback: >Mocha Nutella Thumbprint Cookies | Butter

31. Thanks for this recipe- made these yesterday! I took them out at 12 minutes and thought they needed a little more time, ended up leaving them in too long and so they didn’t have a nice center like yours did. But still addictive and it was soo good spooning out the runny nutella and mixing it in the bowl :P

• Haha Gina I’m glad you liked the batter! Yeah you have to just trust the baking time, they’re no good overbaked! I only leave mine for 10 minutes now because I like a gooey-er center. Try them again!

32. Pingback: >Nutella Crack Pie | Butter

33. Pingback: >Nutella Ganache Truffles | Butter

34. tash on June 1, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

i made a batch of those last night and wanted to share the results.
    first and foremost: thank you for the awesome recipe. it is probably the easiest baking recipe i’ve come across. ever.
    i used a gluten free flour mix (schär brand) and i used a supermarket brand hazelnut spread.
    when i evenly distributed the batter over 12 cupcake cases each was about 3/4 filled. i was a bit concerned this would probably be too much and they’d be quite underdone in the centre, but then i didn’t want to get out a second tray, so…
    i baked them for 12 mins, and when i took them out… they had risen! not massivley but enough to not look brownie-ish anymore. no problem though, i’m not that superficial when i comes to cake.
    unfortunately they also turned out to be not only dense but very dry in texture. BUT they taste amazing. meaning like nutella.
    so: for you gf guys: probably go with 7 or 8 tbsp of flour, no more. any more seems to make them dry and cakey.
    the good news is, while i used too much flour, they still held shape nicely, and weren’t overly crumby. i mean, they were crumbly, but in a good way (as opposed to the gf falling apart tasting chalk kind of way). i might try this recipie like i made it (with “too much” flour) as a base for a fruit jelly cake or something, since it is SO easy and so tasty and it holds shape with gf flour quite well without complicated flour mixtures, gums etc.
    anyway, that was quite a novel i’ve written there…
    thank you, natasha, for posting.

(btw, my name is also) natascha xx

• Hey Tash!
      I’m glad you liked the brownies, but am sorry to hear they turned out dry with the gluten free flour :-( that sucks a little because they are supposed to be moist and gooey! It is weird that they rose so much, too. Try baking them for maybe 10 minutes next time with the gluten free flour as well.
      Thanks for the feedback :-)

• I used regular plain flour but mine turned out dry and dense too :(

35. Pingback: >Salted Caramel Nutella Brownie Bites | Butter

36. Valerie on June 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Hi Natasha!

I baked these nutella brownies today for a family gathering and they were AMAZING!!!!!! They were so yummy and moist and I could not believe how easy these were to make! My in-laws could not stop eating them and they could not stop raving about how amazing they were! Thank you for this site! Your site is my go-to site for amazing, creative and original recipes!!!!

• Haha thank you Valerie! That makes me so happy to hear, that the brownies turned out, that you loved them, and all your kind words about my blog! Thanks! :-)

37. Julie on June 29, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

Served them hot out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Oh yes.

38. Pingback: >Mini Nutella Brownies with Berry Filling | Butter

39. Pingback: Mini Nutella Chocolate Chip Cups | Gninethree

40. Pingback: >Brownie Cupcakes with Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting | Butter

41. Pingback: >Easy Nutella Cookies | Butter

42. do you think I could put a ferroro rocher in the middle of the batter and it would turn out nice ?

43. Hi Natasha! A friend of mine sent me a link to your blog.. And I am absolutely in love with your recipe and style!

I tried these Easy Nutella Brownie Cups today (LOVE!) and I am planning to bring them to a mid-sem class party on Friday. Lol. My class is early in the morning though, and I think these taste great fresh! I was wondering if you’d foresee any problem with me mixing the batter the night before and baking them in the morning? I’m just learning to bake and I don’t know how that could potentially affect the brownies.

Also, what kind of oven are you using? I’m using a force fan oven. Should I reduce the heat or bake them at 10 mins instead of 12? I baked them at 12 mins today.. They were moist-ish in the middle, but doesn’t look as moist as yours..

xx

• Hi Emma! I’m glad to hear that you like the blog and the Nutella brownies!
      No I don’t forsee any problems with mixing the batter the night before and leaving it in the fridge overnight. But it is really so easy to mix up, that maybe just mix it in the morning?
      I use a fan forced oven but each one varies, so absolutely you can try baking them for 10. I sometimes even bake mine for 8-9, if I want them really gooey.
      Good luck! Have fun at the class party :-)

44. Pingback: >Easy Nutella Brownie Oreo Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting | Butter

45. Glenda on October 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

So we bake them at 180? I did for 12 mins and they still don’t look like brownies :(

46. Pingback: Nutella & Oreo ‘Hipster’ Cupcake Brownies « Nerdfighter Writer

47. Pingback: Quick Treat: Nutella Brownie Cupcakes « Bakers Block

48. Pingback: I love nutella! « !

49. Hey!

I tried making them but they turned out dry and a little hard before 12mins. Not sure if i preheated my oven for too long cos I let it run until I filled my liners. Am. not sure how long it takes to preheat an oven cos mine is manual :/ or my eggs too small? In Asia, eggs are tiny. lol

any idea what went wrong? thanks!

• Hi Val.
      Okay so I typically preheat my oven for the entire time it takes me to make these. About 10 minutes.
      Your eggs should weigh about 50 grams.
      And just try baking them less next time. I sometimes only bake mine for 9 minutes for a really gooey middle. :-) good luck!

50. oh! mine also rose a little. Some had cracked tops. IThis is really the simplest recipe so I really wanna get it right x: thanks! I don’t have to beat the eggs beforehand right? I also used regular spoon to stir/whisk. hahah I’m really a noob

51. Pingback: Guest Post – Nutella Brownie Cups « My Healthy 'Ohana

52. Pingback: >Mini Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Brownie Bites | Butter

53. Pingback: Tortine di Nutella senza glutine – 3 ingredienti e puro piacere | Lovely Handmade

54. Hey Natasha, Lovely blog you have here. Thanks for the link up to my blog. I’ll start following. :)

55. I love this recipe! So incredibly easy to make and so incredibly delicious. You’ve got an awesome blog! :D

56. emilka on January 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

verrry yummy! for anybody thats wondering its 360 degrees if you dont do Celsius ! the taste is perfect for a brownie, defiantly a staple recipe! :)

57. Hi, these look great! I love your blog!!! What’s the nutritional info? Thx.

58. Pingback: Nutella Brownie Easter Egg Nests

59. Thank you so much Natasha, love the recipe! Absolute genius

60. Pingback: Nutella Brownie Cups | Uni Homemaker

61. Pingback: Lazy Birthday Baking | When Life Gives You Chocolate

62. Pingback: White Chocolate Chip Easy Nutella Brownies [with a Video] | Butter Baking

63. OMG!!!!! I cannot believe how easy and AMAZING these are…You have stumbled upon a million dollar baking idea…and Nutella is on sale this week at my store…There goes those 10 pounds I just lost….Truly these are just out of this world.

64. Fazana on May 19, 2013 at 3:53 am said:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Just made them and they are absolutely divine (and dangerously easy!!). Crazy good!! Turned out EXACTLY like the picture (slightly messier version) :D

65. Heather on May 29, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

Hi Natasha, having made this so many times, can you estimate how many spoonfuls of nutella would fill a cup? I’m just trying to eliminate having to get the gooey nutella from spoon to cup to bowl and get it from spoon to bowl in one go. Any approximations? Also for the flour is that spoonful or level tbsp? Thank you for this recipe.

• Hi Heather! So the way I deal with with eliminating all that mess is by using a kitchen scale! They are only about $20 and make life a lot easier. The weight measurements are also provided in the recipe for you :-) As everyone’s spoons and spoonfuls are different, I can’t possibly give you an approx. Flour is a level tbsp! Enjoy :-)

66. Heather on May 31, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Thanks Natasha!

67. Lana on June 10, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

These are really good! I am 30 weeks pregnant, came across this recipe and went right to the grocery store for Nutella. A different, not overly sweet taste with the nutella, so simple and so good. Me and my sweet-toothed man are inhaling them. :) Great recipe, will make these for the next party I go to for sure!

68. Hey! These look delicious. Today’s my bro’s graduation party, and I really want to make these. Problem is I want to make 24 brownie cups rather than the 12. Should I just double every ingredient? would the bake time be the same as well? Please let me know as soon as possible! Thanks so much

69. Pingback: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies | Butter Baking

70. I just made these…they are amazing n the easiest recipe I have ever seen….my son eat most of them….Thank u Butter

71. I just made these and they are super yummy. I added peanut butter chips, and cooked mine a total of 15 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks for sharing!

72. I’m making these for Nutella day but putting a cookie bottom and marshmallow on top. I might also out a ball of frozen nutella for crazy choconess brownie nutella s’mores anyone? Thanks for the super simple recipe :D

73. I loved these!! So much that I blogged about them :)
    Please check it out: http://theparttimebaker.weebly.com/1/post/2014/03/nutella-brownies.html

74. Anna Claire on March 26, 2014 at 4:18 am said:

I used this recipe in a cooking lab in my Family Consumer class! Everyone loved them!! Amazing!!

75. Natalie on March 30, 2014 at 9:47 pm said:

Great recipe! It has been a hit but can you please tell me how convert 10 tablespoons to grams or cups? Also would removing the salt affect cooking time?

76. Pingback: 10 Nutella Recipes to Sweeten Your Monday | Everyfoodrecipes, cooking tips, and how-to food videos—all rated and reviewed by millions of home cooks,make the perfect birthday cake, or plan your next holiday dinner.

77. Angeline Faith on May 21, 2014 at 4:02 am said:

I’m so gonna bake tml! Hope it goes well. But I’m not sure abt the measurement of 1 cup Nutella. Do I use the normal measuring cup?

78. Pingback: 10 Nutella Recipes for Chocolate Lover | MetroCebu News

79. SEMOLINA PUDDING ALSO EXISTS IN MAURITIUS.I BOIL THE LIQUID FIRST BEFORE ADDING IT AS IT’S GENERALLY MADE HERE

80. Pingback: Easy Nutella brownie cups (5 ingredients!) | Baby Montgomery

81. Magdalena on November 8, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

These brownies are amazing! I can’t keep up with the demand from all my friends! I absolutely love that I can get it all done in 20 min or less including the baking. Thank you for posting this.