Strawberry Cookies

I was so pleasantly surprised by these blueberry cookies, that I thought I would try the same idea out with some different fruit – strawberries!

They were yummy, kind of like strawberry pie, kind of like strawberry crumble, with the combination of the crisp cookie and the soft baked strawberries.

My friend came over the evening I baked them and ate them all up! They’re nice and refreshing too, because of the bursts of fresh strawberries.

The strawberries release their juices though, which makes them go a bit soft on the second day. So stick to a small batch and eat them all fresh from the oven!

STRAWBERRY COOKIES
Adapted from David Lebovitz’s Ready for Dessert.

11og unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup, 4 oz)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 punnet strawberries (250g, 9 oz)
2 tbsp sugar

Preheat the oven to 180 C and like 2 trays with baking paper.

Hull the strawberries and slice them. Mix them with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla until smooth and combined.

Add the egg, beating well.

Turn the mixer off, add the flour, baking soda and salt, and beat on a low speed until just incorporated.

Pat the strawberries dry with paper towel and very gently, stir them into the mixture.

Drop tablespoons of the dough onto the baking trays, allowing room for spreading.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through baking, until the cookies are deeply golden. Makes 24 cookies.

37 Thoughts on “Strawberry Cookies

1. I love how you can see huge visible chunks of strawberries! Those look amazing :)

2. i must say. These look pretty! and unlike chocolate cookies, i’m sure this feels less sinful. ;) Lovely, Natasha!

3. these look beautiful. i love strawberry cookies

4. Your site is very nice and picture! :) This recipe is perfect idea, i want to try this recipe soon! :)

5. Pingback: Fast Fixes: Strawberry Cookies | The Daily Muse

6. Made these for a get together last night and they were a big hit! :) Thanks for writing!

7. Pingback: Breakfast | Biscotti alle fragole | Good Morning Sunshine

8. Jessica on May 14, 2012 at 3:26 am said:

I just made them and they’re delicious! I add a sprinkle of brown sugar. The idea of this blog is wonderful! I like baking too and my dream is similar to yours…

9. Can you freeze these? :)

10. Mellisa on November 24, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

Yum!! The cookies look so yummy. I’m concerned about not being able to preserve the crunchyness. Someone suggested to use dried strawberry to avoid strawberry juice spoiling the cookies. Is that true? Do you think it will taste good too with dried strawberry?

11. Brooke on March 22, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

These are so delicious… My son said these are the only cookies I’m allowed to make from now on :) … The girls I babysit love them so much… Thank you for the recipe

12. Pingback: 60 AMAZING Strawberry Recipes | FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking

13. Pingback: 50 MUST MAKE strawberry recipes — Roxana's Home Baking

14. Pingback: 30 Berry-licious Strawberry Cookies and Strawberry Cupcakes

15. Pingback: jettie’s strawberry cookies | pretty plain janes

16. Pingback: Kitchen Dragons » Blog Archive » Strawberry cookies

17. Sue Hayes on June 18, 2013 at 12:30 am said:

can you freeze these? baking ahead for a grad party.

18. malinda on July 2, 2013 at 6:30 am said:

THESE ARE PERFECT!!! NOTHING ELSE TO SAY!!!

19. Pingback: » Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies Afternoon Crumbs | contact@afternooncrumbs.com

20. Pingback: Strawberry Recipes

21. Charmika on January 3, 2014 at 5:11 pm said:

I love to bake nd i plan to try to bake these for my bf on valentines day ..any tips to help since i’m new at baking nd no thing turns to ever turn out right thank u nd they look amazeballs

22. Charmika on February 13, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

How do u hull a strawberry

23. My daughter decided she wanted to make strawberry & chocolate cookies and having found several disappointing recipes that call for “strawberry box cake?!” I was delighted to find your bog! We added chocolate chunks to your recipe and they were a great success! Thank you x
    p.s. I have had a lot of fun exploring your blog and I think that nutella-stuffed nutella cookies could well be next on the list to try :-)