I love me some blondies.
I haven’t made any in a while, and I thought a batch of chewy blondies were long overdue. And they were made even better with a layer of salted caramel through the middle!
Things have been pretty crazy around here, and I honestly don’t even know where the days go.
What between four shifts per week at work, two and a half days at culinary school, homework, assignments and my little baby blog here, I hardly have enough time to breathe, let alone bake.
And that’s not even including time spent with friends, family or planning my trip to Europe.
Things that are practical, things I can pack and take on-the-go, and things that keep me comforted as the weather gets colder and the days get shorter.
So these blondies make life easy. Mix everything together, spread it into a pan, bake and then slice. They are even easier if you already have a lovely little jar of homemade salted caramel sitting in your fridge.
I hope you enjoy these simple chewy salted caramel blondies as much as I did.
- 220g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar (215g)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (240g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups plain flour (310g)
- ½ - ¾ cup salted caramel sauce (recipe linked above)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a 12 x 16 inch pan and line it with baking paper.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until the mix is smooth and lightens slightly. Do not over beat. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the salt and flour, and beat on a low speed until just combined.
- Pour ⅔ of the batter into the prepared pan and spread with a knife or spatula until even.Top with about ½ to ¾ cup of salted caramel, depending on your tastes.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining blondie batter around the pan, on top of the salted caramel. Bake for around 25 minutes, until golden brown and set in the center.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Makes 24 salted caramel blondes.
- Happy baking!
Blondie recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.