I think for a long time, I was searching for a recipe for the ultimate brownies.
I found it, and a couple of other great brownie recipes along the way, but I think the whole time my favourite brownies were sitting right under my nose.
I love them so much, I have made at least 8 versions of them. Literally. You can even check them all out in my recipe index, filed under ‘Nutella’.
Why was I never satisfied with them, why did I have to search and search for a more traditional favourite brownie recipe?
Well, for one, its because I love brownies and any excuse to eat them.
But I also think there’s the idea out there, particularly in the worlds of blogging, chocolate chip cookies and brownies, that we should all keep trying out more new recipes, even after we have long established a favourite, just in case there is something better out there for us.
I think sometimes that idea or searching for something more works in life as well as in baking, but lets stick to brownies for now.
I’m glad I searched, I’m glad I tested and I’m glad I discovered and found. And now I have settled, and these are my favourite.
They are chewy and perfectly gooey and under baked in the centers. They are chocolatey, and Nutella-like, and delicious.
Add some sweet and salty salted caramel into all that goodness and it will knock your socks off.
- 1 cup Nutella (280g, 10 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 10 tbsp plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- ⅓ cup salted caramel sauce, recipe linked above
- 30 or so chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 10 holes of a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Nutella, eggs, flour and salt until combined.
- Divide half of the batter evenly between the 10 cupcake liners. Top with 1 - 2 teaspoons of caramel sauce.
- Divide the remaining batter evenly between the brownie cups. Top with 1 more teaspoon of salted caramel sauce, and use a toothpick to swirl it in.
- Top each brownie cup with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Makes 10 salted caramel Nutella brownie bites.
- Happy baking!
Brownie recipe adapted from Abby Dodge.