I just got back from a holiday in Europe a few days ago. I had the absolute best time, filled with laughter, sunlight and fantastic family and friends.
I spent some time in Poland visiting my family and all my friends, traveled with some Australian friends, visited Budapest and spent a few days in Berlin.
And in Berlin, I was lucky enough to meet up with Erin from Texanerin Baking!
We had been emailing for a few months and dreaming about a baking day together when in April, I emailed her and told her I was actually coming to Berlin! And we were actually going to have a baking day!!
A friend and I went over to her house in Berlin, and within 5 minutes of our coming in she had fed us 3 different types of spread. There was her homemade apricot jam, her homemade peanut butter, and some Biscoff. We fell in love with her instantly!
And yes, I finally tried Biscoff! And can I say, I am totally 100% obsessed with it. Erin was kind enough to give me a jar to take home, and I have been meaning to bake with it, but it just tastes so good, that spoonful by spoonful, it has been slowly disappearing! I am almost glad that I can’t buy it in Australia (almost!).
So Erin and I spent a sunny Berlin afternoon baking. We made her Biscoff Pie, which I managed to stuff up somehow so it turned out more like a pudding than a pie. But it was absolutely delicious, and my friends and I ate it straight out of the tub with spoons over the next two days.
And then my absolute favourite thing that we baked were Erin’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites. These babies are delicious. And healthy with all the protein from the chickpeas and peanuts! We loved them, and all the friends I was traveling with devoured them as soon as I took them back to our apartment!
The ones I’ve baked for you today didn’t turn out as great as the ones I made with Erin. They were a little oily, and I think its because I used regular peanut butter out of the jar, whereas she made her own peanut butter by whizzing up peanuts in the food processor.
Regardless, they are still delicious, and taste just like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough! Thanks for the best baking day ever Erin! 🙂
- 1¼ cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (about a 400g/14oz can)
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (165g, 5.8 oz)
- ¼ cup honey (80g, 2.8 oz)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Try and use natural peanut butter or make your own by whizzing up some peanuts, otherwise the cookies bake up too oily.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a tray with baking paper.
- Process the chickpeas in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, baking powder and salt and process until very smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the lined tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 16 cookie balls.
- Happy baking!
Adapted from Texanerin.