Easy Nutella Cookies

So I’m really sorry for the recent slow down in my posts. It’s not that I haven’t been baking, necessarily, but more that I seem lost for words.

Life the last several weeks has been busy, and when I sit down to write a post, the words just don’t seem to want come out. And I don’t have the time to wait for them, so I close my laptop and hope that they’ll come tomorrow. Until I realize that I haven’t posted in a week!

Do you read How Sweet It Is? I don’t know how she does it. How does she come out with so many words so often? And her blog is always funny and interesting. I am in awe of her.

So enough of my whining, lets get onto the food.

I baked these cookies a few weeks ago, and sort of fell in love with the recipe.

They remind me of the Easy Nutella Brownie Cups I’m obsessed with. They are the easiest things to make, with only three (THREE!!!) ingredients, and they taste just like Nutella.

They’re like, Nutella brownies, but in cookie form. And they stay chewy for days. Sounds good to me!

UPDATE 2013: Try my new, even better version of these easy Nutella cookies here! And they still only have three ingredients!

EASY NUTELLA COOKIES
Adapted from A Busy Nest.

1 cup Nutella (280g, 10 oz)
1 cup plain flour
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line 2 trays with baking paper.

In a large bowl, mix together the Nutella and the egg. Add the flour and stir until incorporated.

The mixture will be quite thick. Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place on the lined trays. Using the base of a glass, press each cookie down firmly.

Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, I always err on the side of under baking for a chewier cookie. Makes 24 cookies.

24 Thoughts on “Easy Nutella Cookies

1. Angeline on August 30, 2012 at 5:48 pm said:

hi,love your blog!just one quick question,how much is one cup of flour?as in how many grams?

2. Such an easy recipe, it’s impressive! I put slightly less flour in mine…this is going to sound crazy though, but I thought they weren’t sweet enough! However I looked at the original blog and it seemed like adding sugar stuffed up the recipe. Did you try this?

3. I don’t think you need to write tons. I think most people visit for the pictures and recipes, but maybe I’m wrong. And I like what you write. :)

I love how easy these look! Only three ingredients. That’s crazy. This sounds like a recipe my husband can manage. Must send it to him. :)

• I’m sure people mostly visit for the photos! Because they are what I normally visit other blogs for! But I somehow feel like I need to write something :-) These are easy! I’m sure Mr. T could manage them !

4. Made these today – added a pinch of baking powder to help rise and hold… came out fabulous! Recipe is saved and in my files now! THANKS!!! BIG Thanks!!!!

5. Reblogged this on 100 Things to do with Spatulas and commented:
    I’ve made cookies similar to these with peanut butter. I’ll post that recipe sometime.

6. Loved how quick and easy these were to make not to mention how yummy. I can easily see these becoming an addiction of mine.

7. jalecia.smith@ymail.com on October 21, 2012 at 4:44 am said:

i did not try it yet but about 2 ,so i think it will be very delious ,it smells good and looks healthy but i think it is not healty …………… thanks for the ingredents for makeing nutella cookies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Pingback: Nutella Coupon = Nutella Cookies

9. CookieLover on October 28, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

Wow, these cookies are so good! Lots of the other recipes I looked at added things like, butter and more sugar, but I don’t think you need to add them. Very quick and easy :)

10. Zack Wilson on November 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

maybe a silly question but what do I set the oven at?

11. Baked these today. It was easy and with just three ingredients it turned out well. I did not read any of the comments but thought at first it needed more sweetness. With half of the cookie dough, I rolled one side of the cookie dough with sugar before pressing down using the base of a drinking glass like you have in the recipe. The other half I left as is. I liked the taste of both. I liked the look of the one with the sugar with a little bit of sparkle to it from the sugar.

12. Laurie on January 17, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

How and how long can you save these delicious cookies?

13. Pingback: Nutella Cookies with 3 Ingredients | Bakers Block

14. suzanne on December 23, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

These sound amazing and like just what I’ve been looking for! Do you think they’d survive having some chocolate chips added?