I have a confession to make.
Sometimes, I’m pretty damn lazy.
I’m the kind of person that makes herself scrambled eggs for dinner because she can’t be bothered cooking.
I vacuum my dog instead of brushing her (and then sometimes I can’t even be bothered doing that).
I wear creased blouses instead of ironing my clothes.
I spend hours browsing through Foodgawker instead of writing blog posts.
If I really want to bake something but don’t have all the ingredients in the pantry already then I won’t, just because I can’t be bothered driving the 2 seconds it takes to get to the supermarket.
I often grab a cookie and have a coffee instead of making myself breakfast. Or if there’s no cookies sometimes I just don’t eat.
And there are some days where I don’t put any make up on in the morning because I know I won’t be bothered washing it off later. And I’m a little obsessive compulsive so if i put it on I have to wash it off later. None of that sleeping with it on!
Yeah. So I’m lazy. And a little weird.
But these truffles are perfect lazy-girl baking.
They’re actually no-bake. They take all of 5 minutes, and you get a chocolate fix at the end.
No one could possibly be too lazy to make these, right?
- 2½ packets of Oreos (total of 375g, or 13 oz)
- 1 packet of cream cheese, softened (250g, 9 oz)
- 1 small block milk chocolate
- Crush the Oreos until fine. You can use a food processor if you like. Stir in the cream cheese.
- In a medium bowl, grate the milk chocolate.
- Scoop teaspoons of the Oreo mixture and roll it into balls. Coat in the grated chocolate and place on a tray.
- Refrigerate and enjoy being lazy! Makes 25 - 30 large truffles.
Adapted from the beautiful Averie Cooks.