So I’m going to get straight to the point today.
You have to make this cheesecake. Like,
It is amazing. It tastes like Nutella awesomeness. On a buttery biscuit base. It is going to blow. your. mind.
So do yourself a favour. Put your laptop down and go to the grocery store. Now. Hear me?
Buy some Nutella and some cream cheese and whatever else you need, then get into that kitchen of yours ASAP and make. this. cake.
Then die a little inside when you taste the filling and realize you have to wait four hours for the thing to set before you can cut a slice.
Then eat half the thing (because there’s no way, NO WAY, you’re going to be able to stop at one slice).
And then come straight back here and tell me how amazing it is and how much you love me for posting the recipe.
Have a great day!
- FOR THE BASE:
- 250g digestive biscuits or graham crackers (9 oz)
- 75g unsalted butter, softened (3 oz)
- 1 tbsp Nutella
- 25g hazelnuts, toasted (1 oz)
- pinch salt
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 500g cream cheese, softened (18 oz)
- 500g Nutella (18 oz)
- 60g icing sugar, sifted (2 oz)
- pinch salt
- To make the base, blitz the biscuits, butter and Nutella in a food processor until it starts to clump. Add the hazelnuts and salt and pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
- Pour into a round, greased 23cm (9.5 inch) springform tin and press into the base using your hands. Refrigerate.
- To make the filling, put the cream cheese and icing sugar in a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add three quarters of the Nutella and the salt and continue to beat until combined. Gently fold in the remaining Nutella by hand in order to "swirl" it in, so it isn't entirely incorporated.
- Take the base out of the fridge and pour the Nutella mixture over it, carefully smoothing out the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hour or overnight before cutting. Serves 8.
Adapted from Nigella Lawson.