I haven’t posted in a week.
I feel really bad. But things have just been crazy around here.
What with work, going to my patisserie course, assignments, study for my college exam, friends, family, celebrations, etc, I just haven’t had time to sit down and write a post.
But I’m totally about to make it up to you.
So I hope you have some free time today. Because you’re going to want to bake these.
See all of that Nutella oozing out of there?
You’re welcome. In advance.
So here we have double chocolate chip cookies. Made with Oreo crumbs. They’re one of my favourite recipes. We’ve put them into cupcake liners. Flattened them out. Thrown in a huge spoonful of Nutella. And topped the whole thing off with another scoop of cookie.
Go. Bake. You can thank me later.
- 220g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 14 Oreos
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 jar Nutella, chilled (you won't need the whole thing)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 18 muffin holes with cupcake liners.
- Grind up your Oreos into a powder using a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until well light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add the flour, cocoa, ground Oreos, baking soda and salt and mix, on a low speed, until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place them in the base of the cupcake liners. Press them flat so they line the base.
- Top each cookie with a heaped teaspoon of Nutella.
- Scoop more tablespoon-sized balls of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand. Place over the Nutella.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes. Makes 18 stuffed cookie cups.
Cookie dough recipe adapted from Picky Palate.