Double Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Oreo Crumb Cookie Cups

I haven’t posted in a week.

I feel really bad. But things have just been crazy around here.

What with work, going to my patisserie course, assignments, study for my college exam, friends, family, celebrations, etc, I just haven’t had time to sit down and write a post.

I’m sorry!

But I’m totally about to make it up to you.

So I hope you have some free time today. Because you’re going to want to bake these.

See all of that Nutella oozing out of there?

Yeah.

I’ve been posting all of this healthy (but still delicious!) stuff lately and thought I’d balance things out a little with a hugely indulgent, chocolate Oreo Nutella calorie bomb.

You’re welcome. In advance.

So here we have double chocolate chip cookies. Made with Oreo crumbs. They’re one of my favourite recipes. We’ve put them into cupcake liners. Flattened them out. Thrown in a huge spoonful of Nutella. And topped the whole thing off with another scoop of cookie.

Um… Yum?

Go. Bake. You can thank me later.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP NUTELLA STUFFED OREO CRUMB COOKIE CUPS

Cookie dough recipe adapted from Picky Palate.

220g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup cocoa
14 Oreos
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 jar Nutella, chilled (you won’t need the whole thing)

Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 18 muffin holes with cupcake liners.

Grind up your Oreos into a powder using a blender or food processor. Set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until well light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.

Add the flour, cocoa, ground Oreos, baking soda and salt and mix, on a low speed, until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed.

Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place them in the base of the cupcake liners. Press them flat so they line the base.

Top each cookie with a heaped teaspoon of Nutella.

Scoop more tablespoon-sized balls of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand. Place over the Nutella.

Bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Makes 18 stuffed cookie cups.

52 Thoughts on “Double Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Oreo Crumb Cookie Cups

1. Wow, these look absolutely delicious! Definitely putting them on my to-bake list! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

2. These look ridiculously divine! And so easy to make – weekend baking is sorted now ;-)

3. Wow, these look fantastic. I want them now !!!
    I love your blog ! Your Chocolate Espresso Mousse is the best mousse I’ve ever eaten.
    Kisses from Greece

4. Anne Bonney on November 14, 2012 at 2:06 am said:

Wow! I can’t wait for the next opportunity to make these and take them to work. Too dangerous otherwise.

5. These look so amazing!

6. Oh yum! I love the gooey centers!

7. Ooh, I love how you always come up with the best combos! Nutella stuffed between two cookies – YES! Have you baked with the cookie butter yet? I went through a whole jar already, but I mostly just ate it with a spoon :)

Good luck on your exams, Natasha!

• Maura! Thanks :-D hahaha! I haven’t baked with it yet! I have only baked with pumpkin so far :-( it’s because I’m crazy busy right now with the end of my courses aaaand because I’m trying to lose some weight! Soon, I promise ;-) (but secretly, the jar is dwindling…I have been sneaking spoonfuls here and there and they are adding up!). Thanks for the luck! :-D

8. You know I’m going to make this :) … Your recipes are great!

9. Hi, I’ve just set up a baking blog and stumbled upon your blog :o it’s amazing! All your recipes look so good and I can’t wait to try some – these cookie cups particularly caught my eye :)

• Hi! Oh that’s so exciting for you :-) Your blog looks super cute, and I love the idea of Thanksgiving buns! Thanks very much, I hope you enjoy them, and I want to hear how you find the cups! :-D

10. Reblogged this on let me tell you a secret and commented:
    Looks soooooooo drool worthy!! Definitely need to try it out one day :D

11. Not sure I have ever seen anything so delish! I seriously can’t stop staring at the screen!

12. Do you have any nutritional values for this?

13. Pingback: >Nutella Stuffed Wholewheat Banana Coffee Cake Muffins | Butter Baking

14. These cookie cups look so delicious! Nutella and Oreo all in one? It doesn’t get much better than that! Your blog looks amazing (:

15. Mrs o on April 30, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

Im a newly wedd and my husbands family is obsessed with nutella, gonna bake these to impress and score points

16. Shruthi on May 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm said:

Hi Natasha, Great recipe. I tried it came out well, every one was impressed.Thanks to you. Shruthi

17. Nurul on May 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

Hey there! I tried baking these cuppies and they were awesome! However, my cookie cups sank in the middle :( Any idea what went wrong? I omitted the chocolate chips though, don’t know if that was the cause

• Hi Nurul! Happy you liked them! Not sure why they would have sunken, were they maybe underbaked? Underfilled? Not sure what you did exactly! :-)

• Nurul on May 27, 2013 at 10:16 pm said:

I don’t think they were underbaked because some of them actually looked pretty overbaked :D hmmm maybe they were slightly underfilled. Aite, I shall try it again for the third time. Hopefully it turns out better! Thank you!

18. Pingback: Double chocolate chip oreo nutella stuffed cookie cups | TnyBitsTnyBits

19. What type of cocoa did you use? and does it matter if the butter is unsalted or salted? I want to make them the way you did so any help would be appreciated!

20. Charlotte on July 15, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Have you tried making them without the oreos? I’d love to make them but don’t have the oreos!

21. wow these just look SO amazing!

22. The most tempting and amazing website EVER!!!..Just a question, can we replace baking the brownies to those instant mixes from betty crocker ( incase of fast baking needs) ?

Keep us tempted with more recipes, and good luck all the way from Dubai!

23. Wow Natasha, these just look amazing! I’ve had a quick look through you blog and you have some really yummy recipes that im most defiantly going to have to try out!

I’ve just started my own baking blog if you happen to be interested…

24. Wondering if these would freeze well? I’m starting my holiday baking, and would really like to make these. Or should I hold off and make them at the last minute?

• I haven’t frozen these Terri so I couldn’t tell you for sure, but I haven’t had too many issues baking cookies up from frozen dough so maybe try that – freshly baked cookies are always best, after all. :-)