Hey everyone! We’re starting a new year over here at Butter today!
As my first post for 2013, I wanted to share a really amazing recipe with you, to begin this year of blogging with a bang.
I’m hoping for great things this year, in my life and on my blog. I’m excited about it, and I want to start off on the right foot – with some ridiculously good cookies (I mean, what else could I possibly start with?!).
But today, I made them better. Yes, better.
How, you ask, could I possibly make ridiculously easy, chewy, delicious Nutella cookies that have only three ingredients any better?
By stuffing Nutella INSIDE THEM.
Oh yes I did.
And oh my gosh. I don’t even have words. My mouth is too full of gooey, chewy, chocolate cookies.
Bonus? The cookies still only have three (yes, THREE!!) ingredients.
Make these, okay? Good.
Here’s to 2013!
- 1 cup Nutella (280g, 10 oz)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- Jar of Nutella, refrigerated, for stuffing
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Nutella and the egg. Add the flour and stir until incorporated. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Roll a small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place on the lined baking tray. Put a teaspoon of cold Nutella in the center of the cookie. Roll a second small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place it over the Nutella and press the edges of the two cookies together, sealing them like ravioli.
- Repeat the process until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, I always err on the side of under baking for a chewier cookie. Makes about 18 cookies.
Cookies inspired by A Busy Nest.