Hey everyone! We’re starting a new year over here at Butter today!
As my first post for 2013, I wanted to share a really amazing recipe with you, to begin this year of blogging with a bang.
I’m hoping for great things this year, in my life and on my blog. I’m excited about it, and I want to start off on the right foot – with some ridiculously good cookies (I mean, what else could I possibly start with?!).
These easy Nutella cookies, with all of three (yes, THREE) ingredients, are one of the most popular recipes on the blog (they’re awesome, so no surprises there).
But today, I made them better. Yes, better.
How, you ask, could I possibly make ridiculously easy, chewy, delicious Nutella cookies that have only three ingredients any better?
By stuffing Nutella INSIDE THEM.
Oh yes I did.
And oh my gosh. I don’t even have words. My mouth is too full of gooey, chewy, chocolate cookies.
Bonus? The cookies still only have three (yes, THREE!!) ingredients.
Make these, okay? Good.
Here’s to 2013!
- 1 cup Nutella (280g, 10 oz)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- Jar of Nutella, refrigerated, for stuffing
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Nutella and the egg. Add the flour and stir until incorporated. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Roll a small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place on the lined baking tray. Put a teaspoon of cold Nutella in the center of the cookie. Roll a second small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place it over the Nutella and press the edges of the two cookies together, sealing them like ravioli.
- Repeat the process until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, I always err on the side of under baking for a chewier cookie. Makes about 18 cookies.
Cookies inspired by A Busy Nest.