Nutella Stuffed Easy Nutella Cookies

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
Hey everyone! We’re starting a new year over here at Butter today!

As my first post for 2013, I wanted to share a really amazing recipe with you, to begin this year of blogging with a bang.

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
I’m hoping for great things this year, in my life and on my blog. I’m excited about it, and I want to start off on the right foot – with some ridiculously good cookies (I mean, what else could I possibly start with?!).

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
These easy Nutella cookies, with all of three (yes, THREE) ingredients, are one of the most popular recipes on the blog (they’re awesome, so no surprises there).

But today, I made them better. Yes, better.

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
How, you ask, could I possibly make ridiculously easy, chewy, delicious Nutella cookies that have only three ingredients any better?

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
By stuffing Nutella INSIDE THEM.

Oh yes I did.

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
And oh my gosh. I don’t even have words. My mouth is too full of gooey, chewy, chocolate cookies.

Bonus? The cookies still only have three (yes, THREE!!) ingredients.

Make these, okay? Good.

Here’s to 2013!

nutella stuffed cookies by butter
NUTELLA STUFFED EASY NUTELLA COOKIES
Cookies inspired by A Busy Nest.

1 cup Nutella (280g, 10 oz)
1 cup plain flour
1 egg
Jar of Nutella, refrigerated, for stuffing

Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line 2 trays with baking paper.

In a large bowl, mix together the Nutella and the egg. Add the flour and stir until incorporated. The mixture will be quite thick.

Roll a small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place on the lined baking tray. Put a teaspoon of cold Nutella in the center of the cookie. Roll a second small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten in your palm. Place it over the Nutella and press the edges of the two cookies together, sealing them like ravioli.

Repeat the process until all the cookie dough has been used.

Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, I always err on the side of under baking for a chewier cookie. Makes about 18 cookies.

165 Thoughts on “Nutella Stuffed Easy Nutella Cookies

1. These look so good! Nutella oozing from a cookie is an amazing idea :-)

2. Just when I thought these couldn’t get any better… :)

3. Oh, I can stare at these beauties all day long :)

4. Loving’ the three ingredients… Thinking I have to try :)

5. Janelle on January 4, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Yumo! Will give these a try for sure!

6. These look really good! I might have to copy down the recipe for future use at our Plantation Bed and Breakfast! You should consider entering our First Annual Cookie Contest this month! You could win $100 and become the Official Cookie at Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast, Birthplace of James Madison!

Michelle

7. Can’t wait to try these! Thanks for posting :)

8. Pingback: >Easy Nutella Cookies | Butter

9. charlotte on January 5, 2013 at 2:19 pm said:

Ha! You got me! I figured one of the ingredients would be “boxed brownie mix”. Nice!

10. Yes please – the filling looks incredible!

11. This looks amazing – I just got a jar of nutella for xmas (so many nutella cravings, prices for nutella are ridiculous in Japan). Gonna b sure to make these when I’m back in Aust :D

12. Goolie on January 7, 2013 at 3:49 am said:

I’m going to try this as soon as I’m done studying. I’ve never baked before anyway and this is a great recipe to start with.

13. Oh my GOSH! These are amazing! Going on my must-try list STAT!

14. AMAZING concept. I can’t wait to try these next week! I might do a mixture of nutella and peanut butter though… Bit less pricey. :)

15. Chiara on January 12, 2013 at 2:35 am said:

Hello! Could you tell me how many grams are 1 cup of flour please? :D

16. Great recipe. I’m going to try this as soon as I get home. Hopefully I will get the same results.

17. Happy New Year Natasha! Love that you stared the new year with a bang! How can someone go wrong with nutella cookies stuffed with more nutella?!!! Bring them on!

18. I have baked this cookies today. Soooo delicious!!! ♥♥♥

19. Pingback: >Nutella Stuffed Wholewheat Banana Coffee Cake Muffins | Butter Baking

20. Fiona Smith on January 22, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

I have got to give these a try, how can they not be incredible!

21. Janelle on January 28, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Hi there :) im so excited to try this :) question though, what’s the temp. Of your oven for baking the cookies? Tnx :)

22. Add some grind hazelnuts in the nutella inside… maybe that makes it even nicer…
    Greetz from The Netherlands

23. Do you think this might work with peanut butter filling?

24. Shannon on February 1, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

Would this still have the same effect if baked the day before? I want to make them for my husbands bday but he will be home the day of…

25. Hi Natasha! I have 3 huge tubs of Nutella sitting in the kitchen and your recipe looks absolutely easy to make and yumms! Definitely making a few batches for Chinese New Year for family and friends if it turns out well.

Cheers!
    Nasyitah

26. Natasha, this is such an amazing recipe! quick and only 3 ingredients…I just made a huge batch for my friend’s birthday! i especially love the gooey nutella filling that just melts right in your mouth :D

27. I was almost disappointed when I realized I didn’t have parchment paper to make these, but then remembered that I have a silicone baking mat. I’ll be sure to make these at my upcoming bake sale at school. Thanks for the great recipe!

28. So I made these, and as delicious as they turned out..the batter was very very dry :( and I followed the steps! So keeping the filling in was hard and some exploded x( but otherwise, very delicious! I will cut down a little on the flour next time

• The dough is a little dry Maria! The more you work it the drier it gets and the more it cracks.
      So next time, mix till just combined, quickly roll a ball of dough and flatten, and work from there, try not to play with it too much :-)
      Glad you liked the flavours though! Better luck next time! :-D

29. Can I use the spoon to mix the ingredients or I need the flour beater?

30. adrianna on March 13, 2013 at 5:46 am said:

omg best idea for making cookie’s!! and its so easy

31. My friend made some nutella cookies for someone’s birthday. They were so delicious I had to look up a recipe straight away. These look even BETTER than my friends. Favourating for the future.
    xx
    Flo Jo

32. Andreea on March 17, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

In the oven right now..they smell delicious! Hope they turn out good :D

33. Swhyton on March 19, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

I’m so happy! I’m in cookie heaven

34. Oh. my. Gosh!!! I just died and went to heaven. YUM!

35. These look delicious!

36. Pingback: Nutella-stuffed cookies | HilaryPNW

37. Trying it right now. My kitchen smells amazing. Can’t wait to taste it~

Anw I love your blog, gonna try another recipes soon. Thank you :)

38. Hi! do you have video for this? thanks! and by the way, i really love your blog and your recipes of nutella! keep posting and God bless. :) it also inspires me to bake! haha

39. hi! do you have a video for this? thanks! and by the way, i really love your blog and your nutella recipes! keep posting and God bless! :D

40. Justine on April 9, 2013 at 3:39 pm said:

I just tried making them, most fun cookies I’ve ever made can’t wait to taste them :) Thank you, I love this blog!

41. Mahshid on April 13, 2013 at 11:40 pm said:

I made these and they came out oily. What am I doing wrong? When you mix the ingredients do you use a wooden spoon? I used an electric mixer very briefly. Could this be the problem?

42. Mahshid on April 13, 2013 at 11:47 pm said:

I made these and they came out oily. What am I doing wrong? Do you mix the ingredients by hand? I used an electric mixer very briefly. Could this be the problem?

43. how many does this cookie make

44. Audrey on April 28, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

This is such an amazing little recipe! They taste wonderful and eating one in one go is simply never enough. :) Thankyouu Natasha!!

45. Pingback: As of lately… |

46. Siori on May 6, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

These turned out soooo great! Although they weren’t quite as pretty as yours, my friends and family loved them anyway. Thank you for posting such an amazing (and simple) recipe! :)

47. Audrey on May 6, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

I never discovered the true joy of milk and cookies until I stumbled upon your delicious blog! Thanks for the recipes and experiences Natasha. xx

48. Pingback: Nutella Cookies | BAKERISM

49. Fran on June 28, 2013 at 3:20 am said:

Hi Natasha! I discovered your blog a few days ago and I’ve read the whole thing, I just wanted to tell you that you are amazing! I wish I had the courage you had, I’m in my last semester (I study engineering) but what I really love is baking and photography, so your story really inspires me! Congrats on doing what you love and having the guts to do it, it seems like you are very happy and it shows on your blog, the passion for what you do :)

• Hi Fran! Oh wow you actually read the entire thing? It’s so long! You didn’t get crazy bored? Haha I really appreciate it, and all of your kind words. I hope that you get inspired and can be happy doing what you love :-) congrats on finishing your engineering degree though, that’s big!

50. Pingback: Au Revoir Does Not Mean Goodbye | Go Bake Yourself

51. *faints* Too, too prefect.

52. I really like the sound of these but do they spread rapidly? I have used Nutella before and in the oven it goes nuts and spreads everywhere, sometimes dripping over the sides! Will these do that? Should I add more flour?

• Hi Ashlea! They turn out just like they are in the photos, so no they don’t spread rapidly. I’ve never had issues with Nutella in the oven? Are you using the actual Nutella brand? No don’t add anymore flour. If you’re worried, refrigeration before baking helps with spreading.

53. Would you be able to tell me the English measurements (grams) and how long do you think these would take to bake in total? thanks x

54. Oh man, I actually need these in my life! Like right now. :)

55. Francesca on December 3, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Really good! When you give the second bite and you reach the melting core of the biscuit you can say you are in heaven… Thank you so much for all your fantastic recipes!

56. Madison on December 6, 2013 at 6:12 am said:

I love simple recipes like this! It leaves room to experiment. I was thinking adding some crushed candy cane to the filling for the holiday season. Definitely going to make some tonight.

57. Just started to make these to take for a wyldlife event!! I will also share them with my sunday school kids!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thanks!

58. amazing.. will give it a go. i wonder if it will work with Speculoos/Biscoff….

59. Pingback: 15 Awesome Cookie Recipes

60. Pingback: Au Revoir Does Not Mean Goodbye

61. Courtney on January 9, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

I just made these and my end product was awful. The batter was extremely crumbly with an unpleasant texture. I couldn’t stuff the cookies because the top cracked as soon as I tried to seal the ends. I tried adding more Nutella on the second batch but it didn’t help at all. The cookies fell apart as soon as you picked them up.

• Hi Courney! Sorry to hear that. The mixture is quite thick/dry, I think I even state that in the recipe. Flattening the balls one at a time in your hands seemed to help it soften.
      If you look at the photos you will see that the tops of some of mine are cracked too – so that would be expected, no?
      I’m not sure why yours fell apart though – are you sure you used the right quantities? Egg is the binding ingredient here, so if there was too much of the other ingredients in proportion to the egg, that could have been why they didn’t hold.

62. Hi.Happy New Year. I actually saw the pix of your cookies on I Funny. I got curious and tried it. We LOVE YOUR COOKIES!!!!!…Can’t wait to try the other recipes…my eleven year old daughter took over baking the cookies for the family..she loves baking them she said its so easy to make and very simple. She said ” mommy I think I found my calling”. She wanted to bake some for her cousins..but unfortunately one of them is allergic to eggs. What can she use to substitute for eggs?

• Hi Joan! Good on your daughter :-)
      Honestly this is such a simple recipe with so few ingredients that I wouldn’t alter it.
      As for other cookie recipes, I have read of people using applesauce or a “flax egg” formula as a replacement :-)
      Good luck!

63. These cookies looked amazing so I made them right away. They are in the oven as I am writing this so I don’t know how they will taste, but as far as making them…. the dough was a disaster! I was so crumbly I couldn’t roll them in to balls and made less then the recipe said because they just kept falling apart. I’ve NEVER encountered a cookie dough this crumbly. Did I do something wrong?

• Hi! I found the dough quite thick/a little crumbly too, but found that rolling it into balls and flattening it between my palms made it soften due to the heat in my hands!
      I don’t think you did anything wrong, maybe you had a smaller-than-usual egg or didn’t measure out the Nutella quite right?

64. Korina on February 6, 2014 at 8:18 pm said:

My husband and son loved it. I’m going to try your Nutella Cheesecake next, among other things ;)

65. Omb! These look so tasty! I’m putting the link on Pinterest right now so all of my friends can see!

66. Daymaria on February 9, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

I’m so grateful to have come across your blog. I just tried this today and my family really loves it. Not too sweet, it’s just right! I’m excited to try your other recipes. :)

67. It sounds delicious! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXITED! because i love to bake and i am only 11 but it seems easy enough for me to do! (except for the oven part). but i’m not the biggest chocolate person so i am probably not going to put in the nutella filling. i hope it will still taste great!

68. Jennifer on February 15, 2014 at 3:38 am said:

Question does the nutella have to be refrigerated? I just bought a jar and am in a rush to make these

69. Pingback: TodaysMama.com - 9 Stuffed Cookie Recipes

70. Valerie on April 26, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

Hey! Just to check, if I bake the cookies in advance & store it… Should I leave it out in an air tight container or do I refrigerate it? Not sure if the Nutella will harden? The eggs we have here are quite small, so what should I do to ensure it turns out well?

Thanks!

71. Ziggie on May 7, 2014 at 8:41 pm said:

Mmm needed a chocolate fix and found your recipe.. 15 minutes later I’m enjoying chocolate cookies! Yum

72. Cookie Face on May 22, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Turned out really bad for me. 1 cup of nutella is not enough for 1 cup of flour. Dough was impossible to form together.

• Hello! Seems like a few people have an issue with the dough. It could be your measurement of the flour (cups are rarely accurate as it comes down to how much you scoop and pack in) or the size of your egg that affected the outcome. Feel free to add more nutella/egg yolk to make these work for you, but keep in mind that the dough is crumbly and I had to mush and warm it in my hands to shape it as desired :-)

73. Just made these with a different chocolate spread and they came out so well! Thanks for the recipe!
    -Shini

74. Hing on June 5, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

Hi! I was wondering on this recipe, could i substitute something else instead of nutella? I love the idea, but i’m not really a nutty fan. how could i make this so that it just has a chocolate-only flavour?

75. Susan Melissa on June 12, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Hmm.. had a little problem with the dough but the hands do warm it up. I used a fork on the edges as the dough was a tad thick for pressing together and my Nutella warmed up while I was making the cookie part :) Mine look a bit more like a volcano than yours do but they’re definitely yummy :) Thanks! I’ll try again tomorrow. Yours look so much nicer! Practice, practice :)

76. Susan Melissa on June 12, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Oh.. do you think I can freeze these? They’re for my daughter’s birthday next Thursday..

77. Susan Melissa on June 13, 2014 at 6:06 am said:

Using the fork on the edges made them a bit chewier than they should be, I think. My eggs are a bit small so today I used an extra yolk as well as measuring and rolling the Nutella into a ball for the filling first.. and putting it in the freezer and refrigerator to keep it cold but malleable. My cookies look *much* better today! Hope they’re a kind that can be frozen.. or kept in the fridge for a week! Looking forward to your response.. and thanks!

• Hi Susan! Chilling the Nutella down is always great :-)
      I don’t freeze my cookies but you could always try! I’m sure they’ll keep fine otherwise (no refrigerated needed for a low protein food, room temp and airtight is fine).
      Enjoy!

78. Sumayyah on June 14, 2014 at 9:37 pm said:

I always see nutella cookise but I don’t know how to make it, now I knew how to make the best nutella cookise EVER :”) really I would to thank you so much Natasha .
    Sumayyah, KSA

79. Pingback: Nutella-Stuffed Cookies | The Introverted Chilli

80. Pingback: Nutella Filled Cookies In 15 Minutes | Can't Cook, Will Cook | Can't Cook, Will Cook

81. Hi Natasha, I tried making these myself and was so pleased with the results! I used a nut-free spread, here’s the outcome: http://theintrovertedchilli.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/nutella-stuffed-cookies/
    Thanks so much for the recipe.
    -Shini, London

82. castles on July 19, 2014 at 1:16 am said:

Hi! They look awesome and I’ll be trying it out tomorrow! But I have a question. I saw that you use 60g eggs. My eggs are only 50g. How will that go? :/

83. Alifah on July 22, 2014 at 11:04 pm said:

Hello!!! This recipe looks great and I can’t wait to try it!! But one question, would it be okay if I add in a little drop of vanilla essence? Thanks in advance :)

84. Isabella on August 2, 2014 at 5:43 am said:

These were so good and so easy to make; definitely making them again :)

85. Oh my goodness!!! I’ve just made these and they are amazing. Glad I’m taking them to a BBQ otherwise I would eat them all. They are very rich though so I think I would feel sick after more than two. Thanks heaps for posting such an easy delicious recipe. Will have to have a look through your blog! Stumbled across this recipe when I googled nutella cookies.

86. Pingback: Nutella Pillow Cookies | Chocolate & Co

87. I was in the mood for Nutella-stuffed baked goods so of course I turned to you! Baked a batch of these this afternoon and they turned out great. I made 10 large cookies instead of 18 and stuffed them a bit too much with Nutella (though really, can there ever be too much Nutella?!) Yum! Best study break idea. -Ariane