Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

condensed milk cookies

Today I’d like you to meet my blog’s new home!

What do you think?

condensed milk cookies

It still has the same Recipe Index and Baking Conversions pages, all the recipes have moved over here, you can still read all about me, and if you follow, I’m happy to say I haven’t lost any of you!

But it took work.

condensed milk cookies

Hours and hours of me asking annoying question after annoying question and nagging my amazingly talented girlfriend.

Import after import of the blog because it kept failing.

Redesign after redesign of the logo and header placement.

condensed milk cookies

And edit after edit of CSS. Don’t even go there. The concept is completely foreign to me, I still don’t even really know what it is. Who am I kidding, I still have NO idea what it is. If it wasn’t for my friend, none of this, NONE of this, would have been possible.

If it was not for her, I would have slammed my Mac shut, flung it across the room and called it a day.

condensed milk cookies

So thank you Tammy. For working with me. For answering all my questions. For fixing all the niggles. And for making this what it is. I love it.

She even hand drew the Recipe Index butter dish. Isn’t she awesome?

condensed milk cookies

So to make the world a better place and introduce the new Butter Baking in the most appropriate manner, I baked you some cookies.

But these aren’t any ordinary chocolate chip cookies.

They have condensed milk in them. Instead of eggs.

condensed milk cookies

They sort of blew my mind. If you crossed a chewy cookie with shortbread, this is what you would get.

Yum. Hope you love them, and my new home!

condensed milk cookies

CONDENSED MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Adapted from Nestle.

180g unsalted butter, softened (2/3 cup)
1/3 cup caster (superfine) sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Pinch salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a few trays with baking paper.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the condensed milk until well incorporated.

Add flour and salt, and mix on a low speed until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls, place on the lined trays and flatten with your hand.

Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until golden. Makes 48 cookies.

Happy baking!

71 Thoughts on “Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

1. Debbie on January 17, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

Love it. Will be making those cookies today. Pictures are beautiful. The chocolate lab is beautiful as well. Hope she/he got a little taster. Keep up the great work

• Hi Debbie! Thanks so much! What did you think of the cookies?! Haha she is gorgeous, we love her. I’m sure she got a couple of crumbs, chocolate free of course. How could anyone resist those eyes?! :-)

• Made a batch today. Smelt wonderful whilst baking. Friends popped in for a quick coffee no biscuits left. Having to make more now as my husband didn’t even get a small tastier. They are scrumulious

2. Hooray, congratulations Natasha!!! The site looks perfect, so elegant :) All your hard work was worth it. I signed up for emails, but didn’t get one my inbox about this post! Am I the only one? I hope it’s just a glitch through my email.

I’m dying over that picture of your sweet pup eyeing the cookies!! We love labs, we have a yellow lab named Kona.

• Yay Maura, thank you!!! I’m so happy to hear that you like it :-)
      Oh no! You should have gotten an instant email… if you haven’t, maybe try subscribing through the new site?! I wonder why, everyone was moved across with me…
      Haha she is awesome. She sits with me every. single. time. I take photos for the blog, and gets as close as possible.
      I know you have Kona! I’ve seen the photos! Gorgeous dog! Don’t you just love them?! They’re so crazy smart :-)

3. Sarndra on January 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm said:

Well done. It looks great & I also love the pic of the adorable lab – hope he got a taste.

4. These look yummy Natasha. I will definitely try them;)

5. YAY!! It looks great :)

6. Your new site looks fab Natasha… crisp and clean… and the butter dish illustration is too cool… and… Oh my God your dog is adorable… those eyes. Big congratulations.
    PS. cookies look amazing as always :) Siobhan

• Thank you so so much Siobhan! I’m really happy to hear you like it :-)
      I know the butter dish is great, my friend is awesome!!
      Haha my puppy, I know, her eyes… how could anyone ever resist them?!
      Thanks again :-D
      PS. Thanks! They were yum!

7. grandbabycakes on January 18, 2013 at 1:30 am said:

Now those are some lovely cookies. The condensed milk is super interesting.

8. That. dog. is. amazing.
    Reminds me of my childhood poochie, black lab named Maverick. Brought a tear to my eye.
    Love the recipe too. Will have to try these out on a cheat day.

• Haha Ally! I’m a sucker for her and those eyes, what can I say!
      Oh labs are awesome aren’t they? Happy she reminded you of your Maverick. I’m sorry it brought a tear to your eye.
      Thanks! Hope you love them ;-)

9. YAY! Congratulations! It looks amazing! :) It sounds like it was a big pain in the butt so hooray that it’s all over! The design is so nice. :)

The cookies look good too but I’m all about the puppy. Awww! The pictures remind me that I still need to answer the smiling dogs email. I’ve been gathering evidence. ;)

• THANKS ERIN!!!! Haha it was a slight massive pain, but I’m so so happy that it’s all done and it all worked! I’m glad to hear you like the look :-)
      Haha I knew you’d be in it for Coco! Super looking forward to seeing your smiling dogs evidence… maybe I need to gather some of my own and get a photo of puppy smiling ;-)
      Hope you’re well!! x

10. Cookies look so yummy :-) condensed milk in anything is no bad thing! Your dog is gorgeous :-)

11. Diane C on January 18, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Glad you hung in there and will still have your blog. Thank you to Tammy for helping you and the butter dish is perfect. All of your recipes sound so delicious and I did make the healthy double chocolate muffins. They were delicious. I hope to try some of the other ones too. Your pictures make me want to reach right into the monitor.

• Thanks Diane! Of course I will still have my blog :-) all thanks to Tammy, yes!
      I’m glad to hear you made the muffins and that you liked them! Hope you like the other recipes too :-)
      Haha my pictures make me want to reach into the monitor too… because those cookies are all gone!

12. Congratulations on a gorgeous blog. My Physio, Olivia put me on to this.
    It’s just Beautiful — an inspiration for my blog!

13. Hi Natasha,
    As I have only found your lovely blog today I cannot comment on the change but I sure like the look of it.
    As to the cookies, well funnily enough I bought some condensed milk on my last shopping trip, SO these are most certainly going to be baked over the weekend!
    It’s been lovely touring around your blog and I will try to get back often to see what you’re up to.
    Have a great weekend. Linda

• Hi! Thank you Linda, that’s so kind of you!
      Haha it sounds like the condensed milk was fate ;-) I hope you enjoyed the cookies, and I’m so happy to hear you like the blog!
      Have a nice week :-)

14. I love your new look! It’s beautiful! These cookies look like a perfect way to celebrate! :)

15. It’s after midnight now and I’m so tired, otherwise I would be in the kitchen baking these cute beauties :)

16. Lovely blog! It’s very clean, beautiful and accessible. Congratulations! And this is the first I’ve heard of condensed milk in a cookie, definitely gonna give these a try. :)

17. Those photos (and your blog) are gorgeous! Both you and your friend deserve those cookies, yum!

xx

18. Congrats on having the new blog up and rolling! That’s huge. :)
    You have some gorgeous photos in this post, and hello, I’m in LOVE with your dog. Seriously the definition of puppy eyes right there!
    P.S. I haven’t been getting my normal subscription e-mails since you moved over either, so I resubscribed, but just wanted to let you know!

• Thanks so much! You’re so kind! :-) Haha she is pretty gorgeous, huh?!
      P.S. Oh no!! That’s a huge bummer. Thanks for letting me know though, I’ll check in with WordPress and see what I can do. Happy to still have you following along! :-)

19. Jennifer on January 26, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

I’m glad to see the newly published website up! I’ve never heard of adding condensed milk in cookies and will definitely try! Love your photos and blog! :) Have a great weekend!

20. Jennifer on January 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

I’m glad to see the new website up and running smoothly! I’ve never heard of condensed milk in cookies and will definitely try! Love your photos and blog! Have a great weekend!

21. Just made a batch of these cookies. Look great – still too hot to eat though. I only managed to get 26 cookies out of the batter and they certainly don’t look any bigger than in the pics. Has anyone else found this?

22. Ellimac on March 20, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

I found that my cookies looked nothing like the cookies in the pic. Tasted good though.

23. After making 3 batches within a space of 10 days, have decided not to waste my time and make a minimum of DOUBLE batches from now on. :D It then uses up a whole tin of condensed milk (so nothing hanging around in the fridge), and I can keep daughter quiet for just that little bit longer. :D :D

24. Oh my goodness!!! These cookies were soo good!! Little bites of absolute yumminess in every bite!! And perfectly chewy!! Thanks

25. Pingback: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Blueberry Days

26. Pingback: FOOD | Pearltrees

27. What a truly beautiful blog. Thanks for sharing all the amazing recipes – and those photos.

I do wonder if you or anyone else has tried white chocolate in the cookies – or what that be too much ?

And I have to comment too … cute pup!

• Hi Toni! Thank you so much for the kind words :-)
      I’m sure you could mix anything into these, not just chocolate!
      Haha and thanks, she’s pretty gorgeous!

• Hi Natasha, Thanks for your reply. I was looking for a recipe to use up bits & pieces of things in the pantry as we don’t bake anymore :( . I made the cookies today with the white chocolate in lieu of the milk chocolate bits. You may not want to read that as I didn’t have enough of the white chocolate I added macadamia nuts to make up the difference! They are lovely. They will be very well received at work tomorrow during morning tea. Thanks for sharing & taking the time to write this gorgeous blog.

28. I made these and added in coconut, dash of vanilla. They are a little dry, but that could be due to the coconut, I did add more condensed milk, but possibly not enough to keep them moist. The taste is delish, and they are a perfect tea cookie!

29. Madeleine on February 16, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

These are officially now my favourite! Have made them 3 times and couldn’t go back! Thank you :)

30. Valeria on March 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm said:

Hi, I have a question.
    What if I don’t have self raising flour?

31. HI Natasha, i tried this recipe, but the cookies i made just flat, was not look like your cookies, i followed all the instructions and the ingredients but i think my cookies are failed, i don’t know why :(((

32. Hayley on June 2, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

I’ve been making condensed milk chocolate chip cookies for years and years maybe it is a New Zealand thing they r the best cookies by far! The recipe is in my Edmonds Cook book. Which is the biggest selling cook book in NZ. My mother used to make them. I have found making them with real chocolate the best rather then chocolate chips just chop up the block of chocolate and add how much it says. Then u have the best chocolate buy a block of your fav and add.

33. Kasey on July 29, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

Hi there! Amazing blog btw! Just wondering if I should refrigerate the dough before baking and if so, for how long? Would love to know and hear back from you! Thankyou :)

34. Tricia on August 11, 2014 at 1:30 am said:

My Grandmother made these cookies and froze them.. Oh that the green tupperware bowl was such a wonderful thing.. I am going to make these today!!

35. Pingback: Funny Dog – 2014-09-04 Update #1 | Dog Besties