Peanut Butter Swirled Healthy Fudge Brownie Bites

Peanut butter swirled healthy fudge brownies | Butter Baking

I have three words for you.

Oh. My. Gosh.

You are going to love these.

Peanut butter swirled healthy fudge brownies | Butter Baking

The other day I told you about how I skipped ahead of my blogging list to share with you those awesome marshmallow stuffed cookies?

Well I REALLY couldn’t wait with these.

I’ve made them twice. In the last two days. And both batches are… All gone. Already.

So I just had to give you the recipe ASAP. You have to make these. Okay?

Peanut butter swirled healthy fudge brownies | Butter Baking

Because these peanut butter fudge brownie bites are yummy. And fudgy. And decadent. And healthy.

What?

Yes. HEALTHY.

I know. How is that even possible, right?

Peanut butter swirled healthy fudge brownies | Butter Baking

Well there’s no butter in these. Or oil. Or white sugar. Or flour.

Seriously.

They’re low in fat. And sugar. And high in protein.

And they’re BROWNIES.

AND they’re made with stuff that you totally have in your cupboard already. I eat most of the stuff that’s in them for breakfast. No beans or other strange ingredients here!

Peanut butter swirled healthy fudge brownies | Butter Baking

I’m sorry for all the yelling in caps today. But I just really want you to know how excited I am that these are healthy. And that they taste like FUDGE. Peanut butter chocolate fudge…

I can’t even.

Peanut butter swirled healthy fudge brownies | Butter Baking

PEANUT BUTTER SWIRLED HEALTHY FUDGE BROWNIE BITES
Adapted from the awesome Sally’s Baking Addiction (love her blog!).

255g greek yogurt (9 oz)
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk
1 egg
1 egg white
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup light peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Place all ingredients except the peanut butter in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth and the oats turn to a powder.

In a small bowl, microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds.

Pour the brownie batter (it’s runny!) into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 of the way.

Pour about a tablespoon of melted peanut butter onto each brownie bite, and gently swirl it in with a knife, creating a marbled effect.

Bake for 15 minutes, until the centres are set. Makes 12 healthy brownie bites.

Happy baking (and eating, guilt free)!

44 Thoughts on “Peanut Butter Swirled Healthy Fudge Brownie Bites

1. How can such simple ingredients make such amazing looking brownies?! Consider me impressed! This is definitely going on the to-bake list once my oven is fixed! Which brand of greek yoghurt did you use? Some are thicker than others…

• I know, right Liz?! I was shocked too! I so want to make these again because I’m craving them now!
      I used Jalna. As long as you use traditional full fat greek yogurt and not greek style yogurt, you should be fine :-)
      Hope you love them!

2. Lance Conn on February 28, 2013 at 7:40 pm said:

Devine!

3. On my to-bake list too… but really how can something that gorgeous be good for you? Am in need of one now with my morning coffee.

• I don’t know but somehow it works! And it makes you feel like you had a naughty, decadent treat… even though you totally didn’t! I love them! Haha wish I had one right now too! Hope you like these :-D

4. Lance Conn on February 28, 2013 at 8:44 pm said:

No worries. Your awesome. I’ll share your post with my Americanos up north.

5. OMG they look amazing girl!! So glad you enjoy my recipes and website, too! By the way – I’ve made them with honey and white sugar before, never brown sugar! I’ll have to try that next. :)

• Thank’s so much Sally! That means so much coming from you!
      I love your website! Have been trying to bake a little healthier and it’s been a great resource… but there are a load of traditional things I want to bake from it too! :-)
      Hope you like it with the brown sugar! Great recipe :-D

6. Oh my. These look amazing! I definitely want to try them. I’m just trying to think of a way to lower the sugar. But you know what, I’m just going to tell myself that they’re brownies and brownies need lots of sugar to be gooey. Especially brownies with cocoa powder. Yup!

I LOVE seeing goodies like this on your blog! Sally’s too. I always get all giddy. :D

• Thanks Erin!
      You know what? Sally’s recipe would use 1 1/2 cups white sugar for this quantity of brownies. I’ve got 1/2 cup brown sugar and a 1/4 cup honey instead, so I’ve already cut it down for you. It’s only a tablespoon of sweetness in each cup at this point. Maybe switch the honey and sugar quantities if you really want? They’re yum though! So fudgy!
      Haha I thought of you, and thought that you might like them, when I posted! You’re my healthier-baking inspiration ;-)

7. Ok, so you have nudged yourself onto the “Bake ASAP” list again! :) Questions: Do you think I could substitute golden syrup for honey in this recipe? Not sure you would taste either one with all that chocolate, but I just like the flavor of golden syrup better in general. (Making me the odd American who has bottles of it in the pantry.) Also, do you think I could make these in one of the pans with little squares that makes individual brownies or are the cupcake papers essential? Thanks!

• Hahaha I’M SORRY! ;-)
      Yes I think you could sub golden syrup for honey. I put honey in because I’m watching my waistline, if that’s not a concern for you, then you can even sub in all brown sugar. You can’t taste the honey at all, so you probably wouldn’t taste the golden syrup either.
      Haha I would think you would be wanting to use maple instead, no?!
      Yes you can absolutely put them in individual brownie pans, just spray with cooking oil. The cupcake liners aren’t necessary, I just decided to use them; the original recipe called for an 8 x 8 pan, so you’ll have no problem.
      Enjoy!! :-D

8. These look amazing Natasha, great minds think alike on the peanut butter recipe front, have just posted another one! :-)

9. definitely making these ASAP!

10. Great recipe, cant wait to try! Just worked out they are 100 cals each for 12 brownies! Just need to get myself some light peanut butter and game on!

• Thanks Kim! And thanks for the calorie info too – good to know, now I don’t feel guilty about them at all! I’m going to go and make more! :-D Enjoy them!

11. Mariam on March 2, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

I’ve wanted to make the recipe of Sally’s blog for a while and now I’m thinking I have to try this do you know how much yoghurt you would need in cups please?

• That’s great to hear Mariam!
      I didn’t put my yogurt in a measuring cup and it would vary on the thickness of yogurt you use, so I can’t tell you exactly. But a quick google search shows that it would be around one cup. :-) enjoy them!

• Mariam on March 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

Omg i just finished making these, AMAZING! And I have to say I was skeptical since my usual brownie recipe calls for 3/4 block butter ! Seriously thank you, and I’m really glad it’s only got 1!/2 C sugar and you can’t even taste the honey! Thank you! My friend were begging me to make them brownies, I think they’ll love these even though they’re healthy!

• Mariam, I’m super happy to hear that you made these and liked them!
          Isn’t it crazy how you can make something so good without all that butter and sugar?!
          I think they’ll love them too – all of mine did, so much so that I had to make another batch! :-)
          Enjoy!

12. Pingback: Peanut Butter Swirled Healthy(?!) Fudge Brownie Bites | A Vanilla Daydream

13. Yasmin Khan on March 9, 2013 at 12:50 am said:

Bit disappointed my comments about these brownies failing and tasting horrible didn’t make it into the comments page! My results and comments are no less genuine than the ones that praised you!

• Hi Yasmin. I wasn’t quite sure what to reply to your other comment, particularly as it starts with “on second thought” or similar, like you had posted a previous one? Anyway, as I haven’t replied, it hasn’t been approved. Sorry to hear they didn’t work out for you. And these are intended to be healthy alternative anyway, and by no means replace your original butter/sugar/chocolate laden brownie recipe. Thanks for the feedback :-)

• Yasmin Khan on March 12, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Hi Natasha – I had sent a comment earlier and like other comments on this page I had some problems uploading the comments. Some recipes work, some don’t, this one doesn’t work for me – this is not a reflection on you, but we obviously have different tastes! I await more recipes I can try and maybe hit the jackpot.

• Ah well that makes more sense then! I am aware that it’s not a reflection on me Yasmin – as I am not the one who came up with the recipe. I loved it, and it is absolutely fine if you didn’t :-) Maybe try out some of the more conventional recipes in future? ;-)

14. I’ve been trying to leave a comment in reply to your comment to me but it’s not working. It just says, “Posting comment…” or something like that. Forever.

I hope this one will go through! I made these and loved them. Perfectly gooey and decadent. I’m about to post them, too!

15. Pingback: These don’t belong anywhere | Sandra and the Works

16. I decided to give myself a break from college work today and do some baking, and tried out this recipe ’cause I saw it a while back and it looked so good. Just took them out of the oven, can’t wait to try them! I had them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes longer though because they still seemed very soft and I wasn’t sure if they were supposed to be (maybe it’s just my oven, haha) … I did happen to try some of the batter though and it’s absolutely delicious! The greek yoghurt gives it a really good flavour I think. :)

17. Maria on May 14, 2013 at 11:01 pm said:

These tasted so good I made the second batch before i even finished eating the first batch :) good work!

18. I made 100 kcal brownies a little while ago from a different blog and they turned out awful. They had artificial sweetener in replacement of sugar and the taste was so bad. I was a little skeptical to try out these healthy brownies today, but I’m so pleased I did! I made your easy nutella brownies the other day and they went down a treat with my family, but I think I’ll be keeping these little morsels for myself! I’ve started a job whilst I’m on break from University and I think I’ll bag one of these up for the train home everyday, thank you!

• Hey Tilly! You’re so welcome :-) I’m really happy to hear you liked them so much and I think packing them as a snack is a great idea! Enjoy :-)

19. Laura Kristensen on February 5, 2014 at 9:09 pm said:

I love these.. Two batches in two days, don’t have peanutbutter instead I’ve put in a half banana and chocolate chips! Boy oh boy! Getting bonus points from my boyfriend – thanks! :)

I am Danish and been searching for a good Aussie cake blog.. And I am happy to say, My search is over!!!

20. Pingback: Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies