I have a baking video to share with you today!
I have meaning to film some videos for the blog for ages.
It was just a matter of finding a friend’s kitchen I loved and annoying said friend enough to let me bake in it (my kitchen has a raised breakfast bar which makes it hard to film in).
Anyway. I was at a friend’s house the other day, and his kitchen is gorgeous.
Someone really wanted to try my baked goods, we all took a trip to the store, stocked up on cookie ingredients, one thing led to another and the next thing you know – they’re filming me while I’m making these cookies.
On an iPhone.
Very planned, this video was.
So as it was all a bit spontaneous and random, please excuse my lack of apron, my lack of make up, the low quality video, the slight shakiness (we used elbows and the back of a chair as a tripod) and the fact that all I wanted to do was burst out laughing throughout the whole thing.
I can’t take myself or things like this very seriously, and I had the worst giggles as I was trying to keep my serious face on!
The most important thing in all of this is all that caramel oozing out of that cookie right up there anyway.
The video is just a bit of added fun that takes you through the recipe and lets you have a laugh with me. Enjoy!
You can also check out the video directly on YouTube. Hopefully I’ll film a few more in the next few weeks and add them to the channel.
Oh! And I’ve also started using a recipe box widget for easy printing! Let me know how you find it.
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 180g unsalted butter (6.5 oz), melted
- 150g dark chocolate (5.5 oz), melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 200g block caramel filled chocolate (7 oz), broken into squares
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a couple of trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the melted butter and melted chocolate.
- Add the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in the eggs.
- Mix in the chocolate caramel chunks and chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the lined trays.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until they look set. Allow to cool completely.
- Makes 24 cookies.
- Happy baking!