Okay. Let’s talk about lists.
I have about a million things on my “things I want to bake” list.
Actually, last time I checked, it was exactly 610. There are 610 things that I want to bake. Not. Even. Kidding.
And they’re just the things pinned on Pinterest from other blogs I love. That doesn’t count the recipes I want to make from baking books, the ones I’ve hurriedly ripped out of magazines, or have taken quick photos of with my iPhone.
Basically, I’m in waaaayy over my head.
I am never, realistically, going to get on top of that list.
Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to. But it would mean that I would have to bake for a ridiculously long time. And I would probably end up being about the size of a house.
The main problem lies in that I keep adding things to the list. All the time.
I read lots of other beautiful baking blogs, eat with my eyes, hurriedly pin delicious looking recipes with the best intentions of baking them and then proceed to forget all about them when I get distracted by the next yummy looking cookie recipe that comes along.
This was one of those yummy looking cookie recipes that came along.
As soon as I saw it, I was in the kitchen in an instant.
About 15 minutes later, I had these babies.
These are basically an amped up version of these three ingredient, flourless peanut butter cookies that I blogged about aaaagges ago (and took photos of that I’d probably prefer never saw the light of day).
So based on that, I knew they were going to be good.
Anyway, these are pretty ridiculously good. Being fat, thick, and chewy, with lots of chocolate and peanut butter, gooey bits and crunchy bits, no flour and NO butter (!!!) they pretty much have it all.
And they are insanely easy to make. So go on. Get baking.
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (280g, 10 oz)
- 1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee, finely ground
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Line a large cookie sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and brown sugar, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg, vanilla, coffee and salt and stir very well to incorporate.
- Mix in the cocoa and baking soda. It will be hard to mix in and may look crumbly but just keep mixing.
- Stir in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of dough into balls. The dough is crumbly but will stick together when pressed.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared tray, flattening them slightly. They do not spread.
- Cover the tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Bake the cookies for 7 – 8 minutes, no longer. Allow to cool on the tray.
- Makes 15 cookies.
- Happy baking!
Adapted from this recipe on Averie Cooks.