Do you remember a couple of moths ago when I announced that I had spent the day filming to be on a local TV show?
Well that TV show was Everyday Gourmet with Justine Schofield.
I had the most amazing time filming the segments, and want to say a big thank you once again to Justine and the Everyday Gourmet team for having me!
All the episodes have aired now, and I’m so excited to be sharing all the videos and recipes with you today!
When choosing recipes, I wanted to showcase a few of my favourites from the blog. But I also wanted to make desserts that are delicious, simple for home viewers to recreate, and things that don’t require too much mixing equipment for me to have to talk over.
The first recipe I adapted for the show was the one for these caramel apple galettes!
I love them because they are so easy, yet beautiful. All you need is puff pastry, pastry cream and fruit!
At the time of filming, it was warm and berries were in abundance, so I chose to bake a colourful berry version instead. You can watch the galette video below, or here on YouTube!
The second dessert Justine and I made together was one of my all time favourites – this coffee caramel panna cotta.
You’ll find the original recipe on the blog here.
For the show, I made the praline with hazelnuts instead, and that recipe is on the Everyday Gourmet site.
Everyone on set loved this dessert and the whole studio smelt like delicious coffee caramel! Make sure you give it a go.
Watch the video for this gorgeous panna cotta here, or click to see it on YouTube!
Finally, Justine and I baked delicious salted macadamia and chocolate chip cookies.
I filmed my own video for the original recipe of these for you last year.
Because these cookies are so yummy and come together so easily in one bowl, I thought they’d be perfect to bake on the show.
Watch me bake them below, or directly on YouTube here.
And here’s the berry galette recipe for you! You can also find it on the Everyday Gourmet Site. Thank you to Everyday Gourmet for allowing me to share all the videos! X
- FOR THE PASTRY:
- 1 x 375g packet all-butter ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed (that's almost 1 pound)
- FOR THE CUSTARD:
- ½ recipe pastry cream (find the link below the recipe)
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 -3 punnets of your favourite berries
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F) and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cut your puff pastry into 8 rectangles, mine were about 10x5cm (4x2 inches), and place them on the baking trays.
- Using a small, sharp knife, score a rectangle about 1cm (1/3 inch) inside from the border of the puff pastry.
- Use a small offset spatula to spread a layer of pastry cream evenly over the inner rectangle of the pastry.
- Arrange the berries over the custard.
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180 C (350 F) and bake for a further 15 - 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Remove from the oven, dust the berries with a little icing sugar and serve.
- Makes 8 galettes.
- Happy baking!
Find the recipe for pastry cream here.