I’ve got some really exciting news to share today!
I’m going to be doing a few different demonstrations at this year’s Cake Bake and Sweets Show in Melbourne!
I’m really excited (and very nervous!) to be presenting. The show runs over the weekend of October 3 – 5, and I’ll be making a lovely entremet on the 3rd, then doing a daily Pie Secrets class.
If you’re a local I’d love for you to come along, say hello, and join in the fun.
Now on to today’s recipe.
The eclairs are cut in half and filled with tart passionfruit curd. Some chantilly cream is piped in as well before the tops of the eclairs go back on.
More chantilly, passionfruit curd and a few passionfruit seeds go on top to decorate and a little dusting of icing sugar finishes them off.
The eclairs have a lovely balance of tart curd, sweet, creamy, chantilly, and crisp eclair.
Hope you enjoy! X
You will need one quantity of choux pastry for this recipe, baked into eclairs.
- You will need 1 x Choux Pastry recipe baked into eclairs (link above recipe)
- FOR THE PASSIONFRUIT CURD:
- 125ml heavy cream
- 220g passionfruit pulp (I use canned), strained of seeds
- 7 egg yolks
- 125g caster (superfine) sugar
- 15g cornflour
- FOR THE CHANTILLY CREAM:
- 300ml heavy cream
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- ½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- To make the passionfruit curd, pour the cream and passionfruit pulp into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar in a large heatproof bowl.
- Sift in the cornflour and whisk it in.
- Once the cream has come to the boil, pour it into the egg and sugar mixture in a slow steady stream, while constantly whisking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and place over a low heat.
- Bring to the boil, while whisking constantly, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a heatproof bowl and cover with cling wrap, right on the surface of the curd so a skin doesn't form.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- To make the chantilly, whisk together the cream, sugar and vanilla seeds using an electric mixer, until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the eclairs, cut them in half, removing their tops.
- Fill the base with passionfruit curd, then pipe over the chantilly cream.
- Replace the tops of the eclairs and pipe on a little more chantilly and curd.
- Finish with the strained passionfruit seeds and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Makes 30 - 40 eclairs.
- Happy baking!