How quickly Christmas has come around this year. I swear I say that every year, but time just seems to be flying by. There are only 9 days till Christmas already!
I love Christmas, it’s probably my favourite holiday and my favourite time of year.
I love playing Christmas carols, sitting around the sparkly Christmas tree and wrapping presents.
I love watching Christmas movies, and spending the afternoon in the kitchen, baking delicious Christmas treats.
These hot chocolate peppermint cookies are what I’m baking this year. They’ve got chewy, gooey centres and crisp outer edges. They’re packed full of oozy chocolate and have festive, sparkly, peppermint on top!
What are you baking this year? Make sure you check out some of my past Christmas recipes! There’s been a few:
Gingerbread Macarons with Eggnog Buttercream
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Chocolate Almond Nougat
Christmas Spiced Brown Sugar Shortbread
Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- 275g unsalted butter, softened (1¼ cups)
- 220g brown sugar (1 cup)
- 220g caster (superfine) sugar (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g flour (2 cups)
- 95g cocoa (3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200g chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 3 peppermint crisp bars (or similar), finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line three trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and both sugars using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and sea salt and fold in by hand using a rubber spatula. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop rounds of dough onto the prepared trays.
- Top each cookie with some of the chopped peppermint crisp. Reserve some for later.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until puffed and just set. Top with remaining peppermint crisp while the cookies are still hot.
- Allow to cool on trays. Makes 26 - 28 cookies.
- Happy baking!
Chocolate cookie recipe is adapted from my boss!