I’ve made a cheesecake tart with this filling once before, as it’s one of my favourite go-to recipes. It’s such a simple way to get a light and creamy cheesecake flavour in a dessert without the effort of making a baked cheesecake or the waiting around required for a cold set cheesecake to set.
I prefer this version to the mango cheesecake I posted last year, as I’ve adapted it to make it even easier and even more delicious for you.
The base for this tart actually resembles the buttery biscuit base of a cheesecake, rather than having a shortcrust tart shell. So there’s no pastry making, resting, rolling out or blind baking involved. You just blitz everything together, press it into the tin and refrigerate.
So an easy tart shell base + easy cheesecake filling = one of the easiest, quickest desserts, ever.
It looks damn good too, and people think you’ve gone to much more effort than you actually have!
- FOR THE BASE:
- 400g graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 50g caster (superfine) sugar
- 40g milk powder
- 7g sea salt
- 110g unsalted butter, melted
- 110g cream
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 250g packet cream cheese
- 70g icing (powdered) sugar
- 300ml double cream
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 punnet strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- 1 punnet blueberries, washed
- Lightly grease or butter an 8 inch tart tin with removable base.
- To make the base, blitz the cookies in a food processor to make a fine crumb. Combine with the sugar, milk powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the cream into the melted butter and add to the dry ingredients, mixing to combine.
- Press the mixture evenly into the base and sides of the tin. Refrigerate.
- To make the cheesecake filling, using an electric mixer, beat the cream to soft peaks. Set aside and beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly into the tart shell. Top with berries and serve.
- Keep refrigerated. Serves 10.
- Happy baking!
Tart base adapted from Momofuku Milk Bar.
Cheesecake filling adapted from the Pastry Affair via this recipe.