One of my favourite things to bake at home is chocolate chip cookies.
There has been many a late night when it’s just me and Mr Man and we’re hanging out and craving something sweet and something chocolate-y. More often than not, we give into the cravings and whip up a batch of these.
They’re just my favourite, guys. A warm, gooey one of these with a tall glass of milk is my idea of perfection.
Every now and then, I try to mix them up a little. Here, I’ve thrown in macadamias for a little crunch, which is a classic combo. I’ve also got a little peppermint bark leftover from Christmas that I’ve been meaning to bake into a batch. You can put in whatever you want, whatever chocolate you have on hand, it really doesn’t matter. The point is, you can always adapt cookie mix-ins to make them perfect for you.
This recipe is super easy and even Mr Man has it down pat now. You just melt the butter and mix everything together in one bowl for a super-fast, late night cookie fix!
So you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time on the couch with a movie a plate of these. They’re chewy with crisp outer edges and soft, gooey centres. Perfection. X
- 220g unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 250g brown sugar (1 cup + 2 tbsp)
- 110g caster (superfine) sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 400g plain flour (2¾ cups)
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 100g roasted macadamias, roughly chopped (1/2 cup)
- 200g chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line 3 trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl and using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix in both sugars, the vanilla and the salt until very well combine. Mix in the eggs one at a time until combined and the mixture is silky.
- Add the flour and baking soda and stir gently until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamias.
- Use a tablespoon to drop balls of dough on the prepared trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool on trays.
- Makes 22 cookies.
- Happy baking!