I’ve posted a few gorgeous little home baked Christmas gift ideas over the past few weeks (like these cookies! Or this peppermint bark! Or even this nougat from a few years ago?!), but there is honestly nothing easier to make (and bonus, more delicious to eat), than a chocolate hazelnut truffle.
We all know about my love for Nutella and all things hazelnut, and these truffles are the perfect epitome of chocolate hazelnut goodness.
They take barely a few minutes to put together, and make a perfect little Christmas gift. And they’re the perfect dessert to make and share with your family and friends at a Christmas party.
But really, really, they are the perfect treat for you to make and eat all by yourself while you sit in front of your Christmas tree and wrap presents. Because you will not want to share, trust me!
Hope you are all enjoying the lead up to Christmas! It’s such a lovely, festive time.
I’ve got even more Christmas recipes coming in this next week so stay tuned! I’m totally in the Christmas baking spirit this year and I’d love to hear what your baking for friends, and for your Christmas! X
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped (7 oz)
- 200g Nutella (7 oz)
- 40g unsalted butter (3 tbsp)
- 200g roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped (7 oz)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate, Nutella and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir the mixture until it the chocolate is melted and everything is combined.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes until it firms up a little.
- Roll teaspoons of the chocolate truffle mixture into balls and roll lightly in the cocoa powder. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate to set.
- Makes 25 - 30 truffles.
- Happy baking!
Recipe adapted from Texanerin.