Hey hey! Can you believe it’s like, December in two days?
I honestly don’t know where this year went. I shot a few videos for you in March, and each week was like “yeah I’ll get that video up next week”… and now it’s almost December.
But yes, today, we have a recipe VIDEO!!
One of my all time fave recipes from the blog is this one, for Nigella’s Nutella Cheesecake. In real life it’s a recipe that I make and re-make, and my mum makes it and I steal the leftovers to take it home, where Mr Man and I fight over the last slice, and I recommend it to friends to make and then I get jealous someone else is eating it so I make it again, and you get the idea.
IT. IS. SO. GOOD.
You blitz and mix the base. Then combine everything for the filling. And the whole thing gets thrown in the fridge to cold set itself. And that’s it! Seriously.
So I decided to re jig the recipe, to play with it to make it EVEN better (if that’s even possible). It’s in tart form this time, for easy dinner party transport and prettier looks. There’s a bigger base-to-filling ratio, because yo, everyone loves the base best. And there’s a Nutella ganache (yes yes yes) on top, because yum. Hazelnuts add crunch. So do Ferreros if you’re feeling them. And it still cold sets itself in the fridge.
Check out the video below for step by step! Or link straight to the video here if you’re reading in email.
Music credit to Josh Woodward.
How delicious and easy does that look?! I promise you’ll fight over it. And maybe it’s not a bad thing that it took me ten months to post it, because it’s kind of perfect to make for a holiday party. Enjoy!
- FOR THE BASE:
- 250g digestive biscuits or graham crackers (9 oz)
- 1 tbsp Nutella
- 25g hazelnuts, toasted (1 oz)
- pinch salt
- 75g unsalted butter, melted (3 oz)
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 250g cream cheese, softened (9 oz)
- 250g Nutella (9 oz)
- 30g icing sugar, sifted (1 oz)
- pinch salt
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 60g dark chocolate (2 oz)
- 60g cream (2 oz)
- 60g Nutella (2 oz)
- Roasted hazelnuts, chopped, and Ferreros (optional)
- To make the base, blitz the biscuits, Nutella, hazelnuts and salt until you have a fine powder. Pour into a bowl and mix in the melted butter until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
- Pour into a greased, fluted 9 inch tart tin with removable base, and press into the base and sides evenly, using your hands. Refrigerate.
- To make the filling, put the cream cheese and icing sugar in a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add three quarters of the Nutella and the salt and continue to beat until combined. Gently fold in the remaining Nutella by hand in order to "swirl" it in, so it isn't entirely incorporated.
- Take the base out of the fridge and pour the Nutella mixture over it, carefully smoothing out the top. Refrigerate.
- To make the topping, put the chocolate, cream and Nutella in a small saucepan. Place over a very low heat and stir with a rubber spatula until the ganache is melted, smooth and combined.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and pour the ganache over it, smoothing out the top.
- Optionally, scatter with hazelnuts and ferreros for crunch. Edible flowers and berries also work for some colour.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hour or overnight before cutting.
- Serves 8.
- Happy baking!
To convert this recipe into cups, try using my Baking Conversions page. Click here.
Loosely adapted from Nigella via this recipe.
Thank you to my gorgeous friend Louise Mullins for working with me on these videos.